Sioux Falls, South Dakota

I love that we have a Wal Mart in our city, the only downside is the service. It's actually to the point where my family and friends don't shop there because the service is horrible.

It's hard to believe there was once a time I would "run in" get a few items and hit the register and outta there... If I tried to do that today I would be standing in a line clear into the clothing sections... just to buy a single item... It would be so much easier if they actually had an express lane.

One that isn't 20 ITEMS OR LESS... come on, seriously. 20 items... that's still a cartload.

I think they management has lost sight of what really matters--the customers. If a customer is displeased they will not return. And I'm guessing that most do not return. It's all out- of -towners.

The home-town shoppers avoid wal mart at all cost. I have experienced this personally. I would rather shop at a more expensive and inconvenient store than a store that has 0 service. If I needed to find something in wal mart there is no one around to ask for help.

The lines for the register are insane... My solution to there problem-- self service counters for express lanes... Say a 10 item or less counter where you can check yourself out. That would be amazing.

Instead of hiring 3 cashiers--hire 1 person to observe that those expresslanes are running smoothly... TA DA! And they could even have more than 10 lanes open at a time!!! That would be such a help.

Minot wal mart is doing so great for itself, if they paid attention to thier customers they would have soo many of those customers return and become regulars...

Comments

Some of us walmart associates are trying to pick up the slack for multiple positions that we do not have the people for. You try doing the job of several people, listen to you guys complain and try to keep a smile on your face.

I do it every day.

Some of us are also pulling long shifts and coming in on our days off just to keep up. NO ONE WISHES WE HAD MORE PEOPLE TO HELP CUSTOMERS THAN THE ASSOCIATES THAT COME TO WORK EVERY DAY!!!!!

Jason,

# times to say the same exact thing and you call these other people *** well you need to look in the mirror and then you will know what a real *** looks like you pathetic jack ***

Well, like Danie said, it is easier said than done. A lot of people just walk through those lanes without even paying.

You have to watch them constantly. Management has no bearing over what is provided in the store.

The ten items or less lines will not make a difference as the average wal-mart shopper does not know how to count. The store near my house has one and you see people going thorugh with full buggies and usually no one says nothing because they don't want to make the customer wait again just because they don't know how to count.

If you worked at Walmart you'd understand that this is easier said than done. First you need qualified applicants who have more availability than Mon-Fri 7am-3pm. Second you need people who pass their drug screenings and background checks. Third you need people who actually show up for orientation and complete training. Fourth, if they have passed all three of those conditions, you need people who actually show up for their scheduled shifts and do not continually call out. Many Walmarts are actually on hiring freezes, as are many other retailers, at this time.

You are welcome to put in an application at any time, and also voice concerns to the home office in Bentonville, Arkansas. The store level management team have no bearing over what is provided in the store regarding registers. If the home office decided to put those types of registers or self check outs (which are notorious for theft, btw, and people still go through with full cart loads) then that is their initiative. Have a fantastic day!!! :)

-A Personnel Associate