Saint Louis, Missouri

Walmart pharmacy mislabeled my medication & the pharmacist had the audacity to ask if I changed them while I was still standing @ their counter?!! The clerk stood in front of me the entire time during this purchase.

The pharmacist stated that these pills were another "Generic" med from another supplier; however I was familiar with the pill in the bottle and knew that it served a whole different purpose than the pill which was labeled. The bottle was labeled for a blood pressure pill, and inside the bottle was a pill for "IBS". There were also other customers waiting to be served who witnessed this incident between myself and the pharmacist.

After she saw I was not leaving until this was investigated and corrected, she returned with the correct meds and said, "I will report this to the head pharmacist for this error, believe me I will". Needless to say, I called their corporate office and corporate never returned my call to followup!

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Pharmacist.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Comments

I agree pharmacist should NEVER make a mistake with your medication they are holding you life in their hands. It's called malpractice.

Anytime anyone makes a mistake and it costs the life of another they should be SUED and prosecuted to the full extent of the law. That includes lawyers, nurses, psychiatrists, police, teachers, McDonald workers, janitors, race car drivers, pilots, cable guys, meter readers, mail men, church going ladies, moms, dads, children, animals, etc...well not animals but their owners and anyone else that causes the death of another because of their negligence.

@Absolutely NEVER

Well, I guess they put you in your place LadyScot!

First you try to sell us on the idea that a pharmacist is a doctor, and then you try and sell us on the idea that it's ok to slip up and kill someone. Decide a&&!!

Also, decide if you are going to be Maybe, Well or LadyScot and stick to it, LIAR

@NEVER

In a perfect world, but guess what. Do I really need to type it?

There is a point in life (usually around age 18) where people need to take responsibility for their selves. Seems to me I would educate myself on whatever is going in my body. Do NOT go through life dependent on anyone. Do not expect your dr, pharmacist, McDonald's server, ect.

To look out for you. That's why people ask questions like this person did and it was looked into then fixed. Yes they have malpractice ins like drs but that doesn't mean you want to find out. Look at your meds, read that long explanation that comes with it, look at the pill and the description of it and make sure it matches.

Is it really all that hard to do? Or would you rather assume the people with the white coats never make mistakes when you can clearly see they are understaffed and running around like crazy back there. If you do 100 rx's and 1 has an err of some sort that's 1 too many, wouldn't you want to double check?

I double check my lottery tickets even though I know dag on well I wasn't a winner the 1st time I looked. I double check my McDonald's order before I drive away even though I clearly told them my order and they put it in a bag less than 10 minutes later.

I agree pharmacists SHOULD never make mistakes. Dr's should never make mistakes, judges should never make mistakes, lawyers, nurses, psychiatrists, police, teachers......well come to think of it neither should McDonald workers, janitors, race car drivers, pilots, cable guys, meter readers, mail men, church going ladies, moms, dads, children, animals, etc...but they DO!

It's a fact of life. Like it or not they are HUMAN.

I can't believe it took blatantly seeing one made you think to be careful and check your medication when you get it. I thought everyone knew to do that.

Pharmacist should NEVER make a mistake it can cost someone their life! You should have the store look at the camera footage of the pharmacist filling the prescription and labeling it as well as the transaction of you receiving the meds. After which when it is found that the gross negligence was on the part of the pharmacist you should file a formal complaint with the medical board.

Looks like YOU "mislaled" your title. See we're all human and make mistakes.

BS, most likely you are making this up because you were an ex employee and got fired for the same thing or stealing or something else.

I don't have to fake or lie about anything I say, and I only printed this so people would use more catioun when picking up their meds. Know what you are taking and check them before leaving the store. Yes, anybody can make a mistake, but those kind can cause a person their life.

This story is a fake. There is no way the OP could be on blood pressure meds because the OP has no heart.

IHateStupidCustomers

shut up. it was just an accident and a misunderstanding.

you got your meds which are probably to help with your crack addiction. at least she did something about it so calm down.