Carbondale, Illinois
2.5
Layout of Store

Hello,

My name is Adara Dismuke. I have been a loyal customer to the Franzia Boxed wine products for a little over a year. Yesterday my roommate and I went to purchase a White Zinfindale box from Walmart only later to find out it was packaged without any care.

Some people are sensitive to molds. For these people(my roommate), exposure to molds can cause symptoms such as nasal stuffiness, eye irritation, wheezing, or skin irritation. Some people(my roommate), such as those with serious allergies to molds, may have more severe reactions. So this is not a matter we are taking lightly.

The nozzle to the wine was completely covered in mold growing out all over the inside of the box and on the bag. This is NOT acceptable, this has caught me by surprise and the only thing I could do was to contact you all to let you know just in case this is not the first MOLD occurring incident. We are highly upset.

Best Regards,

Laquenda Adara Dismuke

815-621-7180

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

realm188

You do know that Walmart probably does not look at this website, right? So, since you posted some personal details I have a feeling that you will be getting a lot of responses. Just not from who you want to them to be from.

I too had this happen with Franzia dark red. The outside of the box I purchased was damaged.

Dry green colored mold was all over the bag and nozzle. I think there may be a connection between the damaged box and presence of mold.Steve

Maybe, just maybe you might wanna spend a little extra and buy wine IN A BOTTLE? I'm just saying....wine in a box....doesn't seem that appealling to me.

That's one of those things that "just shouldn't be".

BOONES FARM IS CHEAP AND IN A BOTTLE. IF CHEAP IS WHAT YOU'RE IN TO.

That's really odd. Takes some serious contamination for wine to mold.

Sounds like you need to complain to Franzia. They're the ones that package the product.

Unless it had mold on the outside, how could Walmart know it was on the inside of the box? However, I would contact Walmart to let them know.

I like Franzia too. Hope it's just an isolated incident.