Ease of Use
Layout of Store

My SS check was loaded onto my walmart money card along with my husbands...as I was online paying bills they locked my card..saying unusual activity..Ok I get that...they thought they were protecting me...Because the walmart card was in my middle name and not my first name they closed the account...I have been lied to over and over...I have sent specified documents as asked...There is a total of right at 800.00 still left on the card...This was 10 days ago and still no hope of getting our money......I don't think we will ever see our money again...This is a bad bad bad card DO NOT USE IT...

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Moneycard Prepaid Card.

I didn't like: No one has offered to help me.

Comments

I get my Crazy Money direct deposited into my bank account every month.

Why on earth wouldn't you open an account at a real bank and have your SS checks deposited there? You could,d access your funds at the bank, ATM, with a debit card or use a credit card and pay it from the funds in the bank. Sure be a lot safer than giving your money to Walmart.

to Anonymous #1638049

Because I pay bills online and did not want to post my bank acct online..

to Mary Garcia #1638562

Most banks have on-line bill paying. You process the payment through your bank rather than who you are paying. Much more secure than trusting your SS check to Walmart.

to Anonymous #1638777

Because people who deal with pre-paid cards have typically burned their "real" financial institution bridges long ago and can't open a regular bank account. It sounds as if this person tried to get over and ended up getting under thanks to the Patriot Act. These places actually run you to make sure you're not up to something.