Wasilla, Alaska
Layout of Store

One month ago, I purchased a Walmart Money Card (the black one) and put $500 dollars into it.

Later that day, online, I put my street address into my online profile when activating the card. Two weeks later, the card never came. I called the money card hotline, the woman switched my mailing address to my PO BOX, cancelled my card and said they would send out a new one. Two weeks later, a card finally arrived at the PO BOX. Yet, it was the OLD card, not the new one. I tried activating it online, and the website said the card was invalid. Of course. So, I tried calling the hotline. Guess what? You need to enter a valid card number to talk to ANYONE, and my old card, the only number I have, is no longer valid. So, I called Walmart. They said there's nothing they can do. Walmart has had $500 of my money for over one month -- charging me $4 plus an additional $3 monthly charge -- and I've never been able to use my money. And now, it seems I'll never be able to get my money again.

I'm not the only one with such an experience. Consumer reports website has 250 reviews on their money card with a 1.2 star average rating. One guy hasn't been able to get his money for TWO YEARS. TWO YEARS.

This is insane.

This is a class action lawsuit waiting to happen.

I just want my $500 dollars back. If this matter doesn't get resolved, I'm gonna go into the local Walmart store and jump up and down on the consumer service counter, because that's about all I can do at this point.

Sincerely,

Pissed In Alaska

Walmart Cons: Customer service.

Comments