Nevada, Missouri

I am re upolstering a dining room chair and am so ticked my seat is 18 " at the widest ,the foam I purchased at Walmart said the square of foam was 18X18x2 .Got it home and it would not cover the seat properly tried cutting one to fit thought maybe I could glue it ,thatg did not work ,they are getting the other one back ,because the foam they sell The actual measurement is 17 1/2 x 17 1/2x 2 .a half inch to narrow .I know lumber has shaved some off to make money on lumber ,but for *** sake foam ,it says made in USA maybe if i had bought Chinese they could measure it correctly and be honest about it

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Walmart Cons: Mislabeled goods.

Comments

Actually lumber isn't "shaved to make money", it is measured before its dried in the kilns. A 2x4 is, indeed, roughly 2x4 when it was sawed raw, then it dries down to the size you buy.

Cynical is fine, to a point.

Now, as for your foam, perhaps you should send a letter off the manufacturer? Just saying, because I doubt the Walmart Crafts manager opens every pack, of every product, just to verify the manufacture stuffed in a good, proper, measure.