We received a Walmart Visa Gift Card from my husbands company. This is the second one we received in 2 years.

Our experience was the same with both cards. We will be asking his company to stop giving them out. 1) Once you use the gift card and want to use it again, you MUST know the amount on the card to use it again. 2) If you want to order online using the gift card, you MUST purchase something of the exact same value as the gift card or less.

You CANNOT use a gift card along with another form of payment online. I'm guessing Walmart does this to make more money: when people get frustrated, most won't go through the hassle to solve the problem unless the gift card is worth big bucks.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Gift Card.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

OP:

Other gift cards work the same way.

Other websites, such as Amazon, work the same way regarding paying for an order with a gift card, and the amount of your order is more than the amount on your gift card.

So Walmart is not the only retailer that is like this.

@Anonymous

Completely untrue. I've used gift cards on amazon and at Walmart, and I've been able to combine them with cash or card both places.