I purchased a phone just a few days ago from a Wal-Mart. It was the best phone they had in stock for, 'straight talk' so it is the one I puchased. I mentioned to the electronics cashier that if it wasn't satisfactory I would bring it back in a few days when they had some more inventory! As predicted it was unsatisfactory for myself so I went to a seperate wal-mart attempting to exchange it and pay the difference for a better model.

I was informed that the receipt would be required even for an exchange. I polity got in my vehicle and went home to look for the receipt. I was unable to find the receipt so I called corporate & informed them of my situation and hopeful their was something we could do, as I even noticed the box of the phone had an inventory sticker on it with the date of 4/2/13.(This being less than a week away from the actual date I'm attempting to exchange) They tell me to go to the store and they will send an email to the store and that they should even be able to pull up the purchase by the numbers located inside the barcode. I told them that I was not returning to the store I originally puchased from or even the closest one to me b/c neither one had the phone I was seeking. I was informed it was a the North Charleston branch, so she told me to go there and if any confusion tell them to call them. Sounding logical I made the 30 minute drive to the wal-mart.

As I entered within the first 10 minutes I was told that they would not attempt to call their corporate and started to call for security and the police department. I was ridiculed for even telling them I had contacted corporate & dismissed as lying b/c the manager on sceen was telling me in a mocking manner, that there was no way I got corporate to answer the phone on a saturday! I told her that I honestly had but couldn't call them b/c my phone had died. Again they told me to get out the store.

I purchased a phone charger and sat in the area with the buggies for almost hour while my phone charged and I waited to speak to a representive of Wal-Mart. I told them what had taken place and they said they were going to have someone in managment meet me at the customer service desk within 15 minutes & if not to call them back immediatly! I waited over the 15 minutes and only had managers coming out their office to point at me and then walk back in. By the time the 40 minute wait was up and the operator answered about 5 officers walked into the store requesting my attention.

I kindly stated that I was on the phone with corporate, while I think he doubted me he asked to speak. So I handed the phone over telling her that he wanted her to verify who she was & he spoke to her for a while. Then when returning to me he stated I could talk to her on my way out ther door & proceeded to shove me to the door and walk me around the parking lot until I found my car!-( I was so embarrased and aggervated I honestly had tears coming out my eyes as I was driving away!

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Manager.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Apr 09, 2013.

Comments

LadyScot
Naples, Florida, United States #637070

Corporate will not do a thing for the store following the electronics policy regarding cell phones. The receipt has the activation code and the serial number on it.

They have to have that to take the phone back. The box tells you this.

Vandalia, Illinois, United States #635794

I NEVER PURCHASE ELECTRONICS, PHONES, ETC.. FROM WALMART.

WALMART SUCKS, I CAN'T BELIEVE PEOPLE SHOP FOR CLOSE AT THE SAME PLACE THEY BUY GROCERIES. WALMART IS FOR THE POOR, PEOPLE ON WELFARE, GHETTO TRASH & BLUE COLLAR WORKERS!

You knew there was a high probability you would return the phone. You carelessly lost the receipt and then when you were told receipts are required, you thought "Rules don't apply to me, I'm special!" and act suprised when you were kicked out of the store.

I don't blame them one bit.

You aren't a customer that a store is going to miss.

Charleston, South Carolina, United States #635075

this *** needs a beating, the cops weren't agressive enuf!

mrscottsex is a ***

Moncks Corner, South Carolina, United States #635050

This guy is a liar and a bully... :cry