I am a 21 year old single parent. A mother of a five year old boy. I stole something from your store and did not think I would get caught. I know what I did was wrong, however your heartless security guard called the police on me anyway and charged me with theft. Do you know that this was a very cruel thing to do to a single parent. If I get a criminal record I could lose my job.

I work at a daycare and every five years we have to have our police reference check renewed. Besides by working in the daycare I get my son to attend for free. Now when my next police reference renewal comes through I will be terminated because I know from experience they have not hired people who have a simple record for shoplifting. I will be contacting my lawyer and taking this to court because you basically ruined my life.

I am a 21 year old mother that has limited expensed already. I apologized to the security guard and offered to pay for the items I stole if he let me go home to get my credit card. I was crying. I told him I would never do this again, however he still called the police. His main concern was that I was using my five year old son to steal. I know I should not have done this but with the world facing a possible depression I could not afford to pay for my food. Even with government help I can't afford to feed my family.

The security guard overheard me threaten to slap my son if he refused to put things in his pocket. However this was not true, as the day he arrested me I never threatened my son. I don't even know why he bought that up. That was over a month ago and I knew he was following me and I managed to dodge him. This time I was kind to my son and offered him ice cream if he helped me steal. Now before you judge my parenting I know it was wrong to threaten for not stealing and reward him for stealing but I was desperate for food. Also I did not want my son to feel left out so I took some toys for him which I could not afford. (Now I know this was wrong) but they should have given me a break. The security guard had the nerve to tell me (after hearing my story) that he can overlook the stealing of the food, but not the stealing of the DVD's and toys for my son.

I honestly thought that I would not get caught because I put the stuff in a Wal-mart shopping bag. Unfortunately I was caught, I made a mistake but your security is doing worse to me than what I did to their store. Why does a store that produces billions a year have to ruin a single parent's life.

Also this is the second letter I have written to wal-mart with no reply. I also wrote a letter to them "ripped of with no chance to win" several weeks ago about their game machines not working and having limited prizes. I went back, and noticed that they did not add more prizes to the game, so not noly are you ruining the life of a single parent but you are also ripping off people including children who use the machine. True the machine now has a sign our of order, but what five year old knows how to read.

Comments

This sounds fake as ***, to be honest, but if it is real, you deserve what happened to you. Shoplifting is a crime, and using a child to aid you in a crime is a huge deal. You're lucky social services didn't come at you and take your child on the spot.

Peabody, Massachusetts, United States #1128692

Yes, it IS our business HOW you spend your money. You are on government assistance that MY taxes pay for.

When you are in jail (which is inevitable) MY taxes will pay for it. When your child is in jail at 14 because he got caught stealing some DVDs (he doesn't think he has to pay for because YOU taught him that) MY tax dollars will pay for it. THAT'S why it's our business that you feel entitled to give your kid $$$ for a *** game that EVERYONE knows is a scam. ***.

Please, google 'local food pantries' on the laptop you stole. Go there. Get free food. I go there.

I don't steal.

Look at the bright side; With the way you are running your life, both you and your son will not ever have to pay for food or shelter soon enough.

You'll both be in prison. They even have free cable.

Where do you get to the part about Walmart ruining your life? Seems to me all I've heard is how *** you are and how you think you should get away with stealing.

Too bad they didn't lock you up, stealing with your kid there. Can we say: unfit parent?

They did not "ruin your life".

You did.

Stop making excuses - it's your own damned fault.

GreenDotRep28

This is clearly a poor troll attempt , nothing to see here.

Mountain View, California, United States #709583

I work for Walmart and honestly? People like this deserve whats coming to them.

'Oh, I know it was wrong, why didn't he let me just buy it' well why didn't you just bring your credit card in the first place and buy it? Yes, a corporation that makes billions can let every single mom just steal from it. That's great logic. If you have a job that relies upon you having a clean record, keep your record clean!

I hope she looses her job and her kid to CPS when the learn she was using him to steal ***. Glad that Loss Prevention Associate was on his s*** and didn't fall to her sob story.

Seriously, you STOLE something, and you're blaming the store for all that may happen to you? Should have thought of that before you stole.

You thought you could get away with it....but were caught. No one to blame but yourself, sweetie.

Even worse, you do it with your kid in tow....good parenting, teach your son to steal. You take the mother of the year award.

OMG! I am a single mother who is working and going to school and I would NEVER take my child into a store to shoplift!

What were you thinking?

You are lucky you didn't lose your child, if you push the issue you still may be contacted by CPS.I hope for you and your childs sake that you have learned a lesson. :sigh
Erode, Tamil Nadu, India #47022

All thieves need to go to jail no matter what. I don\'t feel bad for you at all.

You\'ve not only stolen from Wal-Mart, but you also took some money out of every single customers salary. Some people wonder why alarms are even used... Well, this is the reason.

Why should you be given a break if this is not your first time?

Is it so that you can just ruin someone elses life by stealing? Worst of all, you did wrong in front of a child.

You are completely and utterly ridiculous. I can't believe you would even write something like that for people to read.

You should be embarrassed. Or I suppose you are too low class to even care. How anyone could feel sorry for you is beyond me; Is that what you are looking for? Some sympathy?

You are disgusting! You don't deserve to have a child. You are teaching him its acceptable to steal at 5 think of what he will be doing at 20. You are what is wrong with society.

If you weren't entirely worthless you would have another job or maybe get an education to better you and your sons life. But you would rather waste the tax payers dollars.

If C.P.S. does not come and remove your child from your custody (which they most definitely should) he will hopefully see how ignorant you are and overcome so he can have a decent life.

Your stupidity is amusing.

Nuuk, Vestgronland, Greenland #42522

Samantha - I don't know why she has a thing for molested white boys. She even posted the same thing in her other letter when she and I had a disagreement.

I can tell you one thing, her fastination for molested white boys is not healty. She said the same thing to me when I called her in another letter for what she is (a sore loser).

I work at walmart.. and sadly.. you aren't the first person to try to blame us for your stupidity.

Ever think of food stamps? Maybe going to a food bank?

He was just doing his job, not ruining your life - though seeing people get caught for something idiotic is entertaining.

As for calling everyone little molested white boys... what the *** are you talking about? Do you molest your son or something ontop of making him steal?

Goldsboro, North Carolina, United States #42096

wal-mart employee, you did not read the last letter, the pricipal behind the letter was to inform your company that the games were not working and that they should have called the company themselves. There were limited prizes to the game to draw you towards it.

I know how to read thankyou very much. You are probably a white boy who works at the store then hangs out in the store after work window shopping so you don't have to go home to your sexually abusive father.

Goldsboro, North Carolina, United States #42095

Goldsboro, North Carolina, United States #42094

Goldsboro, North Carolina, United States #42090

Wow, I am just shocked by the responses I am getting. First of all what business is it where I spend my money. It is my money. My child begs for 50 cents to play the games. Am I supposed to deny my child the right to play the games like any other child. Does my child need to be left out of what every child does? You are probably a bunch of white boys that spend too much time in the library to get away from your sexually abusive fathers.

mnyshny- How can I steal the Ice Cream. The last time I checked Ben and Jerry's had their ice creams behind a counter, and you only get it if you pay for it in advance.

carolemarbury -It would have been great if the security guard did not press charges. He thought that just because I was using my son in these activities that it was worse. He could have offered places where I can get help for my financial situation. Also you did not READ my last complaint. The price of the game is 50 cents not a dollar, and like I told someone else it isn't your *** business what I spend my money on.

Zachary1998- You ask how I would afford a lawyer if I can't even feed my son, well here is how. They give free lawyers for people in my situation, and for the *** that said I am wasting my money getting a lawyer. They give lawyers for free andyou only have to pay if you win money from the case.

Gosh I post my story here andyou all act like morons. At least in my other letter "Ripped off with No chance to win" I got better responses. Mind you I got attitude from "Jason Tillo" who is probably a white boy spending hours at the library getting away from his sexually abusive father.

You guys are all boring. You can't even give different responses. You all say the same thing. "Don't spend your money on these games. Well READ the games were for my son. Then you all say it is my fault. Well READ I admited my fault. I just think I am being treated harshly. Finally one more *** answer from you all I should not have stolen and am an abusive parent. Well I admit I was wrong but again READ, I admited my mistake. Now go back to your sexually abusive fathers white boys and stop writing these commets because they are so boring that no one wants to read them.

I know I am acting childishly and riling you up, but it is funny to watch you all get riled up. The good thing about the internet is I can act childishly.

to Robin Orlando, Florida, United States #709885

You deserve everything you get. To blame the Walmart security for your stupidity is ludicrous. There are lots of single parents who don't resort to stealing or having their child assist in this CRIME. You are a parasite that uses the system to cheat the government. You don't deserve the ability to get a free lawyer. There are people out there who need the assistance bit can't get it.

I am disabled and my husband is unemployed and we can't getthe assistance you get. We have to make our limited income last the whole month. I hope you lose your job as having someone so dishonest worked with little kids desrves to lose their job. Hopefully CPS will get involved an your child gets put with a family that will teach him morals.

Keep your legs closed and have no more babies. It's obviousyou can't take care of the child you have.

You sound like an "entitled" little bitcheho needs to learn responsibility.

Goldsboro, North Carolina, United States #42089

Nuuk, Vestgronland, Greenland #41940

Jessica this letter could be true, there are parents that have used their kids worse to get money, like parents who push their children off unattended ladders claiming the child fell, or parents who order their children to do something that can seriously hurt them just so they can get money to buy more alchoil.