2.2
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I shop at Walmart almost exclusively, So much so that I am there almost every day. The prices are hard to beat, but, occasionally their prices are beat.

I used to go through the local sale flyers looking for deals on every day products and take up time at the check out counter showing the cashier each sale item in order to take advantage of Walmart's policy of matching competitors prices. Then Walmart started the Savings Catcher program where all I had to do was scan my receipt and Walmart would match the sales prices for me. I have been using the Walmart saving catcher for about 3 years. I scan my receipts faithfully and let the savings accumulate to use at Christmas time.

Now, effective October 29, 2018, the savings catcher program is changing requiring payment of merchandise with a gift card, debit card or credit card; NO CASH. I think this new policy is discriminatory against cash paying customers. I realize the stores are attempting to get away from cash transactions, but there are a few of us out there that still like to and need to use cash.

This new policy is an inconvenience and just goes with Walmart's lack of customer service attitude. Shame on you Walmart!

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Savings Catcher Rewards Program.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: New saving catcher program requirements.

Comments

The new policy is aldi discriminatory toward EBT users. EBT is used for both cash and SNAP.

Those consumers are now no longer able to participate in the program. I would say that alone affects a large number of their customers.

DashingMink
to Anonymous #1627856

Get a job and you won't have to worry about EBT discrimination

Exactly How is the new policy discriminatory?

to Anonymous #1587827

The policy requires payment by card. No cash payments.

to Anonymous #1587896

And Exactly How is That discriminatory?

to Anonymous #1589330

The law is to not discriminate due race, religion, sex, etc. Nothing in there about payment type. That is completely their right.

to They do as they want yo #1596257

Technically it can be considered indirect discrimination because the there are certain classes of people who are more likely to not use debit/credit than other classes. When I worked in retail, the majority of our Latino customers paid in cash (including large purchases).

Also, elderly customers tend to pay with cash or check more often.

Additionally, low income families receiving food stamps or cash aid would also be excluded from participating in savings catcher savings. Therefore, they are essentially charging more for their products for people in these classes which is discriminatory.

There every day ? PRAYER : Heaven, please protect me from suffering the same awful fate as this patient and forbearing author and grant me even a single percentage point of grace and tolerance that I may become docile and forgiving. AMEN