State: New York City: Syracuse Clear all filters (8 of 8262 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Walmart Help Desk Department Review from Syracuse, New York

I went to walmart in,Watertown ny 13601 and i wanted a soda from the machines out front and my quarters got stuck in the machine so i went in to the service desk inside and told the lady at the desk and she acted like she didnt even care she was so snotty it was pathetic she gave me my quarters back and i told her she needs to be nicer to people walmart has gotten so bad lately it needs to close there doors its rediculas wenever you go in that store the people in there are so rude especially wen you ask for help get better people working there or close your doors
Not_the_0P
#1193321

Most likely she was snotty with you because you started yelling and screaming because the machine took your money instead of discussing it in a nice and civilized way. Or perhaps you were speaking as you type and she was trying to help you, but could not understand you.

I don't think she was trying to be rude. She probably has other customers, and you were holding up the line because she had difficulty understand you.

snugglegirl05

What happened to using correct grammar and correct punctuation?

This is just a run-on sentence that I cannot decipher.

View more comments (1)
Service
Walmart Help Desk Department
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Walmart in Syracuse, New York - Worst Store On Earth

3.5
I have been shopping at the East Syracuse Walmart since it became a super center. There is never any organization there, they don’t carry a lot of things and the customer service is mostly awful. I have complained on many occasions enough to have the managers number in my cell. They have implemented this policy that they have someone at the door checking receipts like it is a membership club when you leave the checkout with your shopping bags full of groceries. Today I was there with my daughter it was not busy we checked out while two checkers were right there watching everything. When we get to the door with my receipt in hand the women grabbed the receipt and said I need to see this. I was embarrassed for myself and my daughter. I asked what do you need it for and she pointed to a $6 plastic container in my cart. I spend a lot of money at Walmart and Walmart.com and I don’t appreciate being treated like a criminal on my way out. I wasn’t buying some big TV it was a cart of groceries & $6 worth of plastic! If this is their way of saying Happy Holidays I think I’ll pass.
KevinRichards

I am sure if you complain so many times they regret you going to the store. I do have to agree with your reply to your post though.

They made a big deal over your daughter shoplifting. They did the same to me when I was that age. I was not even stealing.

I forgot that I had the items with me and they accused me and my friends of stealing. It was not even 50 dollars so either it was because we stole 50 in total or because before this this retarded eight year old got in our way so we poured bleach on him and sprayed his eyes with air freshener

PS I also feel that in this store once a criminal, always a criminal. They remember from seven months ago when my daughter was caught stealing stickers from the store.

I have a feeling this is why I was discriminated against. But the six dollars worth of plastic was not something a 11 year old would steal so why treat me like a criminal. Besides children don't use the best judgement all the time. They also told me that they were watching her several times.

Why did they not tell me the first time she was stealing. I could have dealt with it then and there, instead they treated an eleven year old like a criminal.

@wchao48364

I don't think that your daughter's theft of the stickers have anything to do with them checking the receipt. The greeter doing this probably did not even know about that incident.

I think it has to do with you having the plastic unbagged. As for your daughter yeah, children don't use the best of judgement, however it is the parents job to make sure they learn from their mistakes instead of making excuses. I think before they caught your daughter they had to have 100 percent proof on camera or you would say how they were falsely accusing your perfect angel of theft. Also why did they even bother for stickers, they cost less than $50.

From what I heard Walmart does not bother with shoplifters unless the items total $50.

Unless they waited for her to steal $50 worth of merchandise. Either way your daughter's stealing is was a problem unrelated to what happened in this review.

View more comments (2)
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Walmart

I was in the automotive department where there was only one woman who appeared to be working. There was a man in front of me in line whom she was helping the manager then came out from a back room where I noticed other employees were goofing around. Instead of helping me or asking one of the other employees to come out from the back he told me the woman should be with me soon. I ended up waiting a total of twenty minutes for the woman while the manager and other employees continued to sit in the back room. I asked her how long of a wait it would be to get my oil changed she told me twenty minutes so I handed her my keys. She then came back ten minutes later and told me that instead of it being a twenty minute late it would be an hour. I proceeded to tell her I didn't have an hour to wait and asked her if I could just have my keys back, she then refused to give me my keys. I had to ask her a second time with more force to have my keys back she then finally gave me back my keys.

!you talked to a WOMAN at walmart automotive????lol jk, they where likely all on there lunch break when you saw them and that's also why it would take them so long to get to your car

Service
Walmart Manager
Purchased product. I complained online to Walmart and never received response. The pork chops were Lousy. Poorly butchered with lots of bone fragments throughout each chop. Like eating boney fish with all the shards of bone. Taste of meat was not flavorful. I...

You get what you pay for. You expect them to respond in a few days.

I have news for you they get thousands of complaints everyday. Silly ones such as "they won't allow me to cut in line despite the fact that my husband works in Home Office," or "the greeter is racist because she did not greet me while I was chatting on my cell phone" The world does not revolve around you and you have to be patient quit acting like you are two and wait for a reply.

View more comments

Walmart in Syracuse, New York - Wal mart reward

So I do the survey on my sales slip to win a prize. I get a post card in the mail telling me to call a 1- 800 number and they tell me I have to pay for the gift I won!!! What the ***!!! Wal Mart you suck!!! Thats not how to make people happy that come to your store! I have shopped in your store for a long time and I think its bull about your so called survey ***!!! Now wonder a lot of people have stopped going there to shop. I lie to your costumers. Nice to know now.
Product
Walmart Gift Card
Loss
Wal~mart Management needs to remember where they are in relationship to the customer when mouthing complaints about their co-workers. I was in the Aubuen New York store to shop for a Nikon camera and a lens at the photo center. The young man behind the counter was very...

@ Simon:

Please return to the playground you have wandered away from...your mommy is frantic with worry-- she can't locate her little boy.

View more comments
Review
#231937 Review #231937 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Walmart in Syracuse, New York - I was aproched by a strange man

I was in the Oneida NY Wal Mart when a strange man in a long green jacket approached my two children and I. He would not leave us alone until I yelled out really loud, to leave us alone, then I went to see the manager who's name was Mary and told her what had happened. The strange man then came through the isle. I told her that was the man that was bothering my children and I. She told me she knew the guy and wanted my name, phone number and address. I told her no and they let the man leave the store. She had me write in a notebook what had happened and I did. Another store employee named Alice and the manager were too worried about some guy leaving his cell in a shopping cart. The next day my boy friend went to Wal Mart to find out if they were going to do something about it and was told by Alice that it was my problem and they were not going to do nothing about it. My boy friend asked if I should have kicked him in the nuts and dialed 911 to which she replied YES. It was a customer problem and could not do anything about it. *** of a nice way to take care of your customers.
IHateStupidCustomers

so Walmart employees are all security guards now? I want that *** to stay away too but next time, call the police or something instead of asking Walmart employees to get him out.

Walmart managers don't have a lick of sense (seriously,they work in retail). They are the last people to trust with your safety though they are libel if they are negligent. It would have been best for you to call the police yourself it is possible the man was a sex offender you not would have protected your children but others.

call the cops...it is not a retail store managers job to protect you. call the cops, they will arrive, detain the man, and find out what happened...you want another woman to protect your family from a strange man?

im not saying what happened was right but you call the cops when he starts bothering you, not after. let him know he's going to jail if he doesnt leave you alone!

"She told me she knew the guy and wanted my name, phone number and address. I told her no"

Why didn't you give her that info?

She was probably going to turn it over to the police or upper management possibly with other names so they could investigate. They probably can't do anything if you're not willing to file a legitimate complaint.

Now though my wife denies it she was probably dressed like a ***. However the manager refused to show me the tape of what she was wearing.

When I found out that my wife endangered my children I slapped her. They also said since my wife did not give her address that they could not contact her on what they did with this guy.

My wife called the police on me when I tried to get my children to tell the truth of what she was wearing and I was arrested for domestic violence. I asked the man to make a hit on my wife to test her to see if the *** would cheat on me.

View more comments (4)

Walmart in Syracuse, New York - I AM SO FLIPIN MAD

I am so flipin MAD!!!! My computer... Not my laptop, but my computer keeps hiting on me!!! I am so mad!!!! It keeps sayin that it can do me right unlike my husband tony!!! How does it know Tony?! I dont even like it and GRRR I hate it sooo much. I wish it would just go die in a whole and stay there for the rest of that no good computer life it allready has. I have no clue what is going on... It keeps calling me a sexy *itch, and now I have to leave it off becuase Tony and I are getting furious at it.

thats quite funny.... :grin

This has nothing to do with the above article, just venting. Thanks!!!

I would just like to state that I am a former wal mart employee. I was working there while putting myself through school.

I have to say some of the employees are nasty and bitter, but I truly believe it is because of the low life *** who come in to wal mart. They think because they are the customers, they can call us whatever they want and act how ever they want. I have news for those people. Doing things like that just makes you look like an *** and everyone sees that.

I don't know what you think you are accomplishing, but all you are projecting is that you are a total ***. I think people who complain about wal mart need to realize where they are at first off, and that THEY had the choice to walk into that store. I do not feel bad for any of the consumers that treat people like *** and think that is okay because wal mart says the customer is always right.

That is a load of bull *** and every customer who even so much as thinks of giving attitude to a nice employee or a person who can't help the situation or maybe even the fact that you are having a *** day (again, not wal mart employees problem) should be thrown out on their dirty scummy piece of *** *** and never be allowed back in. This is only to the people who treat others like ***-because they feel like it.

View more comments (2)