A local Wal-mart Supercenter had plenty of people working at night--some just standing around, but when I asked if there were any cashiers, I was told, No, none at night. Unfortunately, I had already racked up a cart full of groceries and other merchandise.

My past experiences with self-checkout at Wal-mart were horrible--consisting of many wasted moments waiting on a cashier to clear an error because the machine fails to recognize an item has been bagged, etc. While wrestling with the memories, I left the store for a smoke break only to return a few moments later. I was only a fraction into the self-checkout process when I gave up due to already having several errors. I told the clerk, I'm sorry, I can't deal with this and left the cart and few bags.

On my way home I felt bad for having wasted mine and Wal-mart's time, but I felt no remorse because I wasn't advised there would be no cashiers and I despise how the inefficient machines are replacing workers on the cheap.

Immediately after arriving home, I was able to find many of the products that were in my cart on an alternative online megastore and not only can choose when delivered but also how much to tip the awesome person who delivers. CHECK THAT OUT, Wal-mart

Review about: Walmart Customer Care.

Comments

You'll be back - you people always find your way back in like a dog finds poop.

" I felt .......bad ......for having wasted mine and Wal-mart's time, but I felt no .............remorse..."

the definition of contradiction

So it's Walmarts fault you're not smart enough to use a simple self-check out screen?

They won't even notice you never come back.