2.8K views
2.8
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I have put my emotional support dogs in the shopping cart at the Walmart in Manor,Tx for many months now and all of sudden I can't because of to many complaints and now there is a sign stating no dog in the shopping cart. I think this unfair , what about the people that leave poopy diapers in cart is anybody complaining about this .

So if people want to complain about being unsanitary and disrespectful to other shopper than complain about something as nasty as that. Does this mean I can no longer bring to shop , and service dogs either.

Comments

First emotional support animals dont have public access rights and second of course they're not allowed in carts where food is sold because it's a health regulations.

Emotional Support Animals do not have public access rights per the ADA, therefore should not accompany you anywhere but pet friendly stores and during travel.

OverwroughtSeaUrchin

Yes I have a very rare case of copd and my chiuawya is a trained certified service dog but he needs to be so many inches from my body to detect my heart rythem and I'm also on oxygen and have a heavy tank to carry also my dog cannot do his job accurately if he is walking on the ground I also have a special carrier built for him so he is belted in to prevevent falls and his body does not physically touch the cart at any time he is very well behaved wears a red vest and his badge is on the carrier in plain sight at all times so is it fair for wall Mart to tell me he can't be inside the cart and who do I contact about this matter thank you Lisa woodrum in Las Vegas Nevada

Hate to break it to you, it isnt PETCO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Leave the animals at home.

I have no problem with tlling you to leave the animal outside.

Dont care if you classify it as a kid. ITS STILL AN ANIMAL that isnt a service animal

I have taken my dogs in Walmart in Plymouth for years in a cart the door greater told me rudely no more what about the kids that sit in the cart with dirty feet Orr even shoes we all need to try to fight this

Emotional supports dogs are not the same as service animals. Service animals are trained to benefit a person with disabilities like lead the blind, grab things ect.

Not just sit there because you'll freak out if it's not around.

They dont get the same rights as service animals.. it states it at the front door no pets other than service animals around in a store restaurant ect.

Agreed

GeneralChicken

I have stage 4 breast cancer and walked into Walmart to get my emotional support cat a leash...they made me leave even after I told the what he was...Walmart sucks ass...they pretend not to discriminate against terminally ill cancer patients but they don't......Walmart in Pineville louisiana

Service dogs do not need to be in carts, they have legs. I was in Wal-Mart this morning and saw 4 dogs in the store. Unsanitary is unsanitary.

How and where did you get your "dogs", meaning more than 1, certified as your emotional support animals? Everyone would agree a dirty diaper is unsanitary.

But only you would argue that your dog riding a cart shared by every other customer is okay. I am a dog owner, a disabled veteran with a service dog, and person who thinks about other people and not just myself.

Somebody could make a killing if they would open up a Mart type grocery store that was just for dog shoppers to shop at.(or for dog-friendly people who didn't care). They could call it "Ball Mart Gone To The Dogs"

@Anonymous

Not until you tried to sell food there and the FDA either fined you heavily or shut the store down from unsafe practices!!!!

don't bring your dog in walmart. ADA does not recognize an emotional support dog as a service animal.

I have the solution, my friend. Wal-Mart should make some special shopping carts that are colored bright pink that are reserved just for people to put their dogs in while they go shopping. The Wall could put up a big sign saying that dogs are warmly welcomed as long as they are only put in the bright pink shopping carts.

@Anonymous

Good idea, as long as they are service dogs or sea dogs.

@Anonymous

What difference does t make what type of dogs they are? All dogs should be welcome.

@Anonymous

What is a sea dog? Is it a dog that comes from the ocean, sort of like a mermaid?

"I have put my emotional support dogs in the shopping cart at the Walmart in Manor,Tx for many months now and all of sudden I can't because of to many complaints and now there is a sign stating no dog in the shopping cart. I think this unfair" Screw you and your foofoo dog in the shopping carts.

It NEVER was legal in the first place. Walmart just didn't know at first and finally they stepped up to the plate. Service dogs is "FOUR ON THE FLOOR" meaning....4 paws on floor in case you didn't get it - even if it was a teacup chihuahua. Your dog is not a service dog - period.

You just admitted it yourself. So get off your entitled *** attitude about it. Emotional support animals are NOT ALLOWED IN ANY FOOD/PRODUCE ESTABLISHMENTS. (grocery stores and restaurants, etc.) Leave foofoo at home where it belongs.

Emo dogs only have rights in 2 places. NO PETS ALLOWED PLACES - LEGITIMATE DOCTORS NOTE FOR SUCH ANIMAL REQUIRED AIRLINES - LEGITIMATE DOCTORS NOTE FOR SUCH ANIMAL REQUIRED Now, go get a life.

@Anonymous

The only other exception is in housing. ESAs are considered service animals federally in renting a house. However, a land lord may require a pet deposit.

GeneralChicken
@Anonymous

I think emotional support animals should be allowed as long as you don't go in the grocery section