2.9
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Was in the Independence, Iowa, WalMart store on 12/17/17. Went looking to purchase the Home Alone 5 DVD collection.

They had it in stock as standard DVD. In the same display rack I saw the 6 DVD Alien Collection. Purchased this to replace worm out VCR tapes. Only have a standard DVD player.

When I got home and tried to watch one. Discovered that they are Blue-Ray. Since I do not have a Blue-Ray player I decided tyo return them. Went back to the store on Monday to see about returning them.

The customer service counter clerk sent me back to the Electronics area. Found that they have the first 4 movies in a DVD collection. Also the last movie. So ended having to go back up front to the service counter.

The customer service clerk that I had this time started saying that since the package was opened. Even if wrong DVD type. That they can not take them back. They gave te reason being that I could have taken them home and made Boot Leg copies.

I again explained that I can not even watch them. So how can I copy them. She indicated that a manager could decide to exchange them. Asked to talk to the manager.

They called for a manager several times. No manager came around. But one supposedly called in. Refused to exchange or refund.

Customer Service agent said I could run around to other WalMart stores and one of them might have the Alien 6 DVD collection in standard format. Why run 20 to 30 miles to the next stores to end up being told the same thing. Last time I will be in a WalMart. Will let others now about this.

Headquarters and Store managers are only interested in the bottom line. Showing profits.

Review about: Walmart Customer Care.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I didn't like: Poor customer service.

Comments

#1419360

It's called the Federal Copyright Law. If it was discovered that they had returned an open copyrighted item, the store could face up to $500,000 IN FINES. Take it up with the Feds if you have a problem with it, not Walmart.

to Mper1327 #1422179

Hahahahahaha the feds lol tard

Most stores will not accept returns of your item for the reason stated. Purchase carefully.

This is their return policy http://help.walmart.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9/~/return-policy

Click on books, movies, music and video games.