Denver, Colorado
11.4K views

Wal-Mart changed their method of filling Grocery Pickups going to a central processing location rather than the pick-up store. This change results in receipts without a TC# so the transaction cannot be input into the Savings Catcher system. This is the second month that this has happened to us and it is frustrating.

Numerous contacts at various Wal-Mart numbers told us that there was nothing that can be done without a TC# so Grocery Pickup orders cannot be credited with any Savings Catcher credits.

I contacted the Savings Catcher Department, Walmart.com and the store manager but no one has an answer.

Their basic response: "So sorry, Charlie. No can do."

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Pick Up Service.

Reason of review: No TC# on Grocery Pickup receipts.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

• Savings Catcher Complaint
  • Grocery Pickup

Comments

Please provide TC# on Walmart e-receipt so I can get the savings catcher with grocery pick-up!!!

I Agree

Grocery pickup was fantastic until I realized I could not submit my receipt to savings catcher. Your Customer service reps who responded to my email regarding this did not understand the question.

They only send image of Walmart rules that DO NOT pertain to grocery pickup receipts. Walmart is going to loose customers to Amazon if they do not train reps sufficiently.

There is a TC # on the e-mailed receipt from the grocery pickup...but then there is no way to get it into the Walmart Pay portion of the app. I think that as the grocery pickup becomes more popular they will fix this. We need to just keep complaining.

If I can not use my grocery pick up receipt for savings catcher I will go elsewhere. I have no time to go into the store with my busy schedule and If I have to go into the store and still have to use my phone for the service and not just punch the number or scan at a different time than it isn't worth my time.

I told everyone to do the savings catcher at walmart and the grocery pick up that they do all the shopping for you and you can punch in the TC number.

Why change a good thing and make it more difficult. Its bad enough we can not use our online walmart purchases

I won’t be doing Walmart Grocery Pick up anymore since it’s not eligible to put into savings catcher. I spend a couple hundred at a time that way.

Yea it’s easier but now you’re giving away money. Done with it.

@Anonymous

I agree!

I am trying to find out if there is a way to request a copy of the actual store receipt with a pickup order. I want to scan the receipt to IBOTTA for rebates on my Walmart purchases but Ibotta will not take an ereceipt.

@Donna

No doubt! I just read the info on ibotta website stating they will not accept grocery pick up or purchase of gift cards as elibible items.

Sucks cause I was all ready to take advantage of grocery pick up but I will lose so much due to almost everything I usually buy of course is on ibotta right now!! If it's a "personal shopper" as Walmart suggests it is then I would think they would scan items and check out like anyone else? Guess not.

Glad I checked thanks for posting. Sorry u didn't find a solution.

The last 2 times I have entered the TC# from my online grocery order recipt it has came back invalid- I'm not sure what has changed!!! It always took it before!!!

@Feeling frustrated

I also am having issues with this, the tc number on 3 of my receipts were not recognized also my latest one I can't even fit the whole number in on the line ???????? They need to fix this!!

We got a follow up email from Walmart grocery and the TC number was on that email. So it looks like you can use the savings program

@Steve

But it is to long will not fit all in

When I receive, get the TC# do I use the date order was placed online or date of pick up? Thanks

@Trish

Use the date of pickup as your receipt isn't finalized until it has actually been picked up.

I don't think this is accurate. My emailed receipt from Walmart grocery pick up has the TC# every single time.

However, i don't think that the purchases are eligible for savings catcher.

I've entered the TC number from each pick-up and no prices have been matched.

I don't mind paying for the convenience though.

@Ashley

Not all Walmart's are the same. I found that out the hard way when my local store refused a return because it was over 50.00!

I couldn't believe this. The manager advised me that many are independently owned and have different rules on policy and procedure. I drove across the river to another location and had no problem. So maybe this is the difference I just want to use ibotta and don't want to risk losing out if it doesn't work but then again I'm trying to avoid taking my autistic son grocery shopping since school is out.

Only 2 stores in my local area (bossier city la) has the carolines cart for special needs children and disabled adults. It's sad since they came out years ago and promised to not only match but beat the price on other grocery carts purchased by store chains and they make them with same logo and coloring as all the other carts the store orders. Of course they get the infant car seat cart. The wheel chair cart.

The scooter cart and the little kid cart for 2 small children to ride side by side. But not one Walmart here has one for my child. Problem is u can't see autism. So they don't truly understand how common it is and how many more customers they would gain if they had these carts.

Anyone please spread the word. I try to talk to manager of any store when I'm making a trip without my son. It's too hard to try and talk to them when I have him. He sits in the cart main section at 12yr old!

And won't tolerate being in the store more than 5-10 min! Ugh it's tough. Otherwise he will run away or lay down and can overpower 2 grown men at once!

Yeah another thread I know. Have a good day

This just started happening at my local Walmart. Before I was able to find the TC number in the email or in my account but now it's gone. Not a happy customer :-(

Go online to grocery.walmart.com, click on your account, then your orders. Next click order details.

The TC number is there. I just copied and pasted in the Walmart app and it worked.

@Anonymous

This worked for me thank you! U can not get the number thru the app though i have to go to the site listed.

I tried every way on the app but it only shows in store pick ups. It would be nice if they would link it where it is automatically sent to ur savings catcher when u order since ur name is on everything (both pick up & Savings)