The Walmart that is in Shepherdsville Ky.opened about a year ago in 2016.

I take my elderly mother there because she likes this Walmart, but for the last few months they don't have any wheelchairs with the grocery baskets on them. They say they where stolen . Even the small carry baskets are gone. so we end up finding a empty box for her to carry on her lap while we shop in her own wheelchair brought from home .

This hurts her legs after we put all the things in the box. I know this is a problem for Walmart to keep people from stealing their wheelchairs and baskets .

But it also puts a hardship on us.My mother likes to shop here but now we may starting shopping at Maijers because they still have wheelchairs and plenty of baskets

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Walmart Customer Care
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss no wheelchairs or carry baskets to shop with / Not specified
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Walmart?

Submit review

Comments

Mike_mn

I've often seen teenagers driving those electric cart-scooters through the store.This was when my elderly friend & an elderly lady where both sitting on the bench inside the store waiting for a cart to free up.

these people can walk, but, not too far or long.

Wm can't say anything to the persons driving the carts for fun.Youth is wasted on the young!

Houston, Texas, United States #1304937

To the person who decided that this complaint is not helpful...

Your complaint is with the ADA.

Houston, Texas, United States #1304748

According to the ADA, as long as any handicapped customer can enter a place of business, that business is ADA compliant.

According to the ADA, there is no law stating that any business must provide handicapped carts.

Handicapped carts are provided as a courtesy, not a requirement.

Handicapped carts are not cheap.

It costs money to buy them.

The best thing any customer can do is to purchase one through their healthcare provider. If Meijer does not have handicapped carts, will you complain about that too?

to Anonymous #1305459

While you are correct regarding ADA compliance, you obviously don't know how much wheelchairs cost lol. Let's wait until you need one and see how you feel about Walmart not providing them.

to Anonymous Houston, Texas, United States #1306221

Walmart, nor any other business, is not obligated to buy one.

It is your responsibility to buy one.

Again, your complaint is with the ADA.