New Orleans, Louisiana
2.5K views

I called 10 different Wal-Marts in the New Orleans area, over half of them wouldnt even pick up the phone in deptartment I was calling.. If I am willing to drive 40 miles to buy an item, they should be willing to answer the phone to let me know if it is in stock..

CUSTOMER SERVICE NEEDS WORK!!!!! Why dont you hire enough staff to answer the phones, Uncle Wally?? I would be happy to have a job sitting on my duff, answering your phones...

I would even smile and be friendly to the customers that call in, after all, their the ones who made you rich.. I'd tell you to call me, but apparently half your phones dont work.

• different walmarts

Comments

HEY! WHERE'S THIS "SOUTHERN HOSPITALITY" THAT THEY'RE ALWAYS TALKING ABOUT ???

Have you ever shopped at a Walmart store? There aren't many employees there and trying to get help if you need it is difficult when you are at the store.

Do you actually think these few employees have the time to chat on the phone with someone sitting in their recliner at home? I'd much rather they be helping the customers that are actually in the store to make a purchase.

Good luck on getting the Pico Rivera CA Walmart to answer their phone. I do not have a car so I often call to ask some questions or what they have available in stock and nobody answers ridiculous are you running a business or not?

Kelowna BC Canada will not turn their a/c on even though it is almost 100 degrees here. They claim the head office "back east" regulates their a/c usage and wont let the store turn it on because it is not as hot "back east" wherever that is.

Been trying to call WalMart all evening to ask why they let someone 3000 miles away dictate when to use a/c. Called numerous times....let the phone ring 45 times but no answer. See ya WalMart!

Superstore has just as good prices as you, they answer their phone, and they have the a/c going all day. Bunch of cheap *** jerks at Wally world!

Three stores five calls only one answer put on hold never came back.

Sadly they do not care for the consumer and their employees. It is all about the money to these multi million dollar companies.

so if I have a good career I should give it up because I want walmart to serve me better? I hope you are sterile and never raise children

I doubt you have a good career with such terrible spelling, hope you never home school your children. If you have such a good career you can afford to shop elsewhere.

@Anonymous

Being an jerk to others is not going to get you anywhere into life! All you're doing is making rude and arrogant assumptions and accusations about others.

It's time for you to shut your mouth and mind your business. Don't recall anybody asking you for your advice!

Same *** is happening to me! Been calling for an hour and still no answer!!

Is it that hard to answer your *** phones!? You are a business correct? Walmart employees must be the laziest paid workers in the world!!

I'm not driving 5 miles to go and find out my item is not in stock. Get of your *** and answer your phones!!

Get off your lazy bums n go to walmart and find what you need instead of blowing up the phone because you want to be lazy and annoying

@Anonymous

*** you ***, you must be a walmart employee, hope you choke on your own puke in a walmart

@Anonymous

You must be three years old to ASSume that because someone tells the customer they are wrong that they are an employee. This site is for adults, get off.

@Anonymous

Now, you're stuck on stupid. Just because people are calling you out for the way you're acting does not mean they are employees or managers.

They are calling you for acting like an rude and arrogant jerk. Looks like you need to learn the difference!

I'm having the SAME issue! Noone is picking up the phone!!!!!!!!

The people who answer the phones are the fitting room associates. They are also required to stock apparel, let people in and out of the fitting room, put up the clothes those people did not want, answer questions for other customers, page for help to all the different departments, and coordinate the radios between the different managers.

They have other jobs than answering the phone and do not even get to sit while doing it.

If you didn't get through, keep calling. They are probably busy with something else.

@rr4u

then they need to hire more ppl to ease the soflines' workers load. (target has the same expectations for fitting room associates but you still get someone on the phone in a minute or two).

i never get anyone to answer my call at my local walmart. i've called and waited for 5-7 mins before redialing-- and still nothing! they need better customer service all around, but i'd start with the phones.

They don't even have a recorded voice to help you with Store/Department hours! it just keeps ringing!!

KevinRichards
@nonickname

For all you saying they need to hire more people why not apply. They cannot hire people if people do not apply for the job, this is simple logic even a six year old can use.

@KevinRichards

@Anonymous

And maybe this company or this store does not want to serve you because of the way you're acting. It seems like that there is more to this story that you're stating there is!

@KevinRichards

I did apply and I was called but i missed the and been trying to get in touch with them for 5 days now and cannot get a mgr or anyone in personal. So im stopping by later today and hunting a mgr down.