Walmart - Oil change

283 of 4977 Walmart reviews

Dont get your oil changed at Walmart @ 100 East I-240 Service Road in Oklahoma city store# 743.Me and my daughter stopped in there 9-7-2016 @ 7:30 PM for a oil change before we headed home.

We live 85 miles west of there. Got the oil change done and headed home. Got home ok but woke up the next morning with oil all over the drive way. Looking underneath her car i could see that is was coming out of the oil plug and there was blue silicone all around the plug so i was thinking that they stripped the plug and tried to get it to seal with silicone.

I called that morning and talked to a lady manager and she assured me that they did not use silicone or strip out the drain plug. I told her that she needed to have a guy call me because i was getting very upset and i was going to start cussing. 2 hours later a guy called me and said that he was the one that did the audit on are car when it was done and that there was nothing wrong with the car when it left. He said he checked paper work and everything before the car had left the shop.

Funny thing is if he checked everything even paper work he would of noticed that are car has 58000 miles on it and not the 123000 miles that they put on the paper work. But he pretty much told me i did not know what i was talking about and hung up on me. Anyways Friday i had a wrecker come pickup car and take it to a shop near by. Once the mechanic got it up on the rack he did not even need a wrench to take the oil plug off with.

It was finger tight. Then come to find out the bolt is suppose to have a rubber gasket to make it seal. It was gone and its probably still laying in there drain pan. But instead of them looking for it i guess they figured silicone would fix it.

I ran to oreillys and got new plug with seal on it and now everything is good.

Other then a 85.00 wrecker bill and a new plug and Oil.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Product or service
Review category
Supermarkets and Malls
review #917338

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Walmart? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
283 of 4977 Walmart reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
drjonah

Sep 12 #1211786 Whitewater, Wisconsin, United States

You're lucky, I've heard horror stories of workers not even putting the oil plug in and the customer having to buy a new engine because it seized.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Walmart. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Walmart.
Filing a new complaint about
×