I recently bought a Straight Talk phone from Wal-Mart after I was fed up with Verizon. I was using the phone when I accidentally dropped it in the toilet.

I bought this phone on July 16 and went to return in on July 22, which is within the allowed return policy. When I told the customer service employee, she got a tude with me telling me I wasn't allowed exchanging the phone because it was damaged. Wal-Mart's slogan is satisfaction garanteed well that was a joke. I demanded to speak to a manager so an assistant manager named Barry came up.

He was just a *** reciting that the store does not refund or replaced damaged merchandise. I asked if I could get a discount on another phone since this was an ACCIDENT. He told me no. I told him that my husband works at Wal-Mart's Home Office which is his boss.

He gave me tude saying that he didn't care where my husband works.

Wal-Mart needs to know that customers sometimes have accidents but they just act like they are perfect and they never accidently broke something.

They should have at least let me get another phone at a discount since THIS WAS AN ACCIDENT! I will be telling my husband about my treatment at this store and he will be looking into Barry's poor customer service skills.

Comments

IHateStupidCustomers

MsLea, can you PLEASE answer just ONE of my questions?? if this story is fake, then PLEASE tell me how it is any different from the stories posted by YOU on YOUR profile??

PEOPLE, THIS IS A FAKE POST FOR THE 2,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 TIME!!! There is only one MrsLeaC and that is me from Springdale,AR. If it lists Toronto, Chicago,Kansas or Germany as the location then they are fake posts with someone using my username and pretending to be me.

"You are a fuсking аsshole who demands everything from forcing a store to honor an expired ad to crying because someone was filling an empty shelf while you were in the store. Therefore it only makes sense that the original story is something you would do."

Don't forget demanding an employee help her while he is on his lunch break and threatening to have him fired when he does not fully knowing by law that he can't help while he is on break. Also don't forget throwing a temper tantrum and embarrassing her husband by causing a scene because she had five to ten minute wait time at Chilli's.

According to your husband's review(and I think he is too scared to admit he posted that review) He stole a whole bunch of phones from home office, maybe some phones were from co workers rather than returns.

are you kidding me? you drop your phone in the toilet and you make it the stores problem that you cant even go to the bathroom without your phone?

are you kidding me?

YOU ruined your phone and Walmart does not have to do ANYTHING for you, I have never heard of anyone who exchange a product because you destroy it yourself, unless you purchase a special insurance.

"Neither me, nor my husband own smartphones. We have IPhones." - iPhones are Smartphones, ԁumbаss.

Besides, dropping the toilet in the phone isn't part of anyone's standard return policy.

That wasn't my husband, that was one of those idiots that keeps giving me a hard time on here and stealing my username and making up ones for my husband and pretending to be him. Neither me, nor my husband own smartphones. We have IPhones.

"I didn't buy my phone from Walmart, and I have had my current one since Christmas when I got it as a gift."

Yeah but in your husband's review he admitted to stealing telephones from Home Office returns. Maybe you were using one of those and the person who returned the phone was from Winfield Kansas, for one thing we know you can't be trusted. You always lie and change your story to suit you.

MrsLea

I didn't buy my phone from Walmart, and I have had my current one since Christmas when I got it as a gift. So nice try fraud using my username and pretending to be me.

Walmart's slogan is "Save money, live better" now BTW

If your husband works at home office then you do get a discount like every other wal-mart associate...

My opinion of any store taking back damaged merchandise, is that only happens if the item is quits working due to some invisible damage from the manufacturer or in the store. I don't think dropping it in the toilet or dropping it on concrete or other forms of accidents that a person might have counts. It isn't their fault that you dropped it in the toilet.

Why should they do anything. You damaged the phone not Wal-Mart.