1.2K views

Update by user Jun 20, 2012

This was in Springdale, AR. The location shows Germany because I use T-Mobile (who is based in Germany) as my ISP.

Original review posted by user Jun 20, 2012

The Walmart on 2004 Pleasant Blvd. does not offer dedicated parking for expecting mothers.

Because the parking lot was very full and I did not want to walk a long way with my "little one", I parked in the handicapped spot. I know this was a mistake, but what Wal-Mart did was even worse. I was only in the store 15 minutes (5 minutes getting milk and shampoo, 10 minutes checking out). When I came out, my car was gone.

I freaked out. I went the the customer service desk and some snooty manager came over and said they contract a private company to patrol the parking lot and that MY car was probably towed. MY CAR! He could have given me a warning but no - Wal-Mart decided to TOW A PAYING CUSTOMER!

In addition to having my car towed, I now had to pay a Taxi to pick up my car, and now I am stuck with a $50 towing charge, $25 storage fee, and a $200 fine.

I went back to this location to see if Wal-Mart would help me with the fine. They again OUTRIGHT REFUSED.

My husband works at Wal-Mart's Home Office and he knows that Wal-Mart shouldn't treat customers like this. I told him about this and I know the manager of this store can't be proud of the company towing paying customers from the store's lot.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Pick Up Service.

Comments

not surprised at all

If I park in the handicapped parking and get towed I will only get mad at myself. You are not handicapped so you can't park there.

If you are parked there you can be towed and ticketed. Why should Wal-Mart help pay for you being ***

GEE, THAT'S A SHAME THAT YOU ONLY PARKED IN A HANDICAPPED SPACE FOR 10 MINUTES. I DON'T KNOW ABOUT AR BUT IN VA, IT'S AGAINST THE LAW FOR ANYONE WHO DOESN'T HAVE HANDICAPPED TAGS OR PLACARD TO PARK IN HANDICAPPED PARKING FOR ANY TIME AT ALL!!! MAYBE IF YOU ARE SO UNCOMFORTABLE IN YOUR CURRENT CONDITION, YOU SHOULD HAVE YOUR HUSBAND PICK UP YOUR SHAMPOO.

"it is a cashier's job to put a customer's purchases in their cart" Since when? Do you go to McDonald's or Wendy's and leave your garbage and trays on the table because Chili's cleans off your table?

BooFricketyHoo

Mrs. Lea, Asswipe, I DO know what it's like to be pregnant.

I had two children. It made my labor easier the more I walked.

I also know what it feels like to be handicapped...and how pissed off it makes me feel when some lazy asswipe takes the handicapped spots to "run in for 15 minutes" and I have to park further away even though I have a permit and spots designated for me and people like me. Sit on it and spin, you selfish ***.

Also if you are old enough to shop by yourself, you are old enough to check your bags before leaving an you are old enough to admit your fault if you forgot something. Just because you act like you are eight and need a babysitter to hand you your bags does not mean that they have to treat you like you are eight, they help the next customer, and your husband's job whether real or imagined does not give you a right to preferred treatment when will that penetrate through your thick skull?

"Also it is a cashier's job to put a customer's purchases in their cart since they bag them. Plus it helps prevent the costumer from leaving without some of their stuff."

No that is your job, once you pay for the merchandise they belong to you.

You are lazy and thinks the world revolves around you. Also it does not matter if the sale ended one day ago or one month ago, you don't go around throwing a temper tantrum when you don't get what you want.

Remember you are no longer eight years old. You are going to be a mother soon, try to act your age and not raise another spoiled brat such as yourself.

MrsLea

The ad had expired only the day before, not a month earlier.

Let's not forget damanding Wal-Mart honor a sales ad that expired a month ago, yelling at cashier because she wouldn't be friendly after you called her slow, and demanding the cashier load your cart at the checkout. All of those stories came from the so called "real" MrsLea.

MrsLea

I change my username because you people keep stealing my username and making false posts claiming they are from me, like the OP. The same fake user using my name that claimed I got in a fight with a little girl over a doll, park wherever I like, or go through the 20 items or less line(that's a new one).

Natalie Hemenway

Expectingone/mrslea001/ifitdoesnotsayrpringdalear/theoneandonly/stopstealingmyusername

She has changed her name several times. Anyways her husband works at home office.(Or she claims) She thinks when she goes to the store she can do whatever she wants and they have to roll out the red carpet for her. She thinks that:

- They must allow her to snatch a toy a little girl wanted and give it to her despite the fact the girl had it first.

- Help her when they are on their lunch break despite the fact that she knows it is illegal for them to do so, then yells at them when they refuse.

-Write checks over $50

- Cut in line

-Use the express lane when she has more than 20 items.

-Get something on sale after the sale is over.

and now

-Park wherever she feels like.

So you are right she does have entitlement issues. Just look at her other reviews. She has like 20.

I bet you were in the store more then 15 minutes. I do not know where you live but where I live you won't get a tow truck dispatched in 15 minutes unless they are next door and sitting waiting for a call.

I have called AAA for a tow and have yet to get a tow truck in less then 30 minutes. Sometimes it is over an hour.

You deserve this ticket, and if your husband works at WalMart you shouldn't get preferential treatment. You broke a rule and you should lead by example.

I have two blown knees and deserve to be closer to the store. You do not.Stop your :cry

JUST in case you're unclear, Expecting1, you absolutely deserved to be towed.

Basically, you're an azzwhole.

Please stop being an a-hole because your children look to you for guidance and without CAREFUL precautions, your children will be a-holes, too.

This planet is too small to have a-holes like you breeding other a-holes.

Man up you ***, lazy, entitled, a-hole.

I am handicapped and have a sticker. I am elderly and have had knee replacement surgery.

Wait till you get old and can not walk long distances and see how you like it if someone who can walk parks in the handicapped parking. I am glad to see some stores are looking out for us old people

IHateStupidCustomers

MsLea is nuts, plain and simple.

#502083

Wow

Actually I have seen places with spaces for hybrid cars as well as pregnant mothers, one of the walmart has a spot for parking hybrid cars. However the real issue is this person mrs lea has entitlement issues.

She expects to be allowed to cut in line, to get sale prices after the sale is over, to have employees help her when they are clearly on her lunch break, and screams at them if they don't. She is aware this is against the law, but thinks she should get special treatment because she lies and tells them that her husband works at home office.

Why she even expects them to put her bags in the cart for her because it is "not her job." She thinks the world revolves around her and has entitlement issues. I hope she is NOT pregnant, because she is going to raise a self centered brat like herself.

#502081

I don't know about the not handicapped part, I think she is handicapped if having illusions (thinking she has a husband who works at Walmart Home office, thinking she is actually pregnant)counts as a handicap. However her handicap does not count as having the right to park in the handicapped zone, that is for those physically handicapped not mentally handicapped.

#502043

You deserved to be towed as you are not handicapped and parked illegally. We need more merchants to tow cars illegally in nhandicap spots.