Berlin, Berlin
1.3K views

Update by user Jun 20, 2012

This was in Springdale, AR. The location shows Germany because I use T-Mobile (who is based in Germany) as my ISP.

Original review posted by user Jun 20, 2012

The Walmart on 2004 Pleasant Blvd. does not offer dedicated parking for expecting mothers.

Because the parking lot was very full and I did not want to walk a long way with my "little one", I parked in the handicapped spot. I know this was a mistake, but what Wal-Mart did was even worse. I was only in the store 15 minutes (5 minutes getting milk and shampoo, 10 minutes checking out). When I came out, my car was gone.

I freaked out. I went the the customer service desk and some snooty manager came over and said they contract a private company to patrol the parking lot and that MY car was probably towed. MY CAR! He could have given me a warning but no - Wal-Mart decided to TOW A PAYING CUSTOMER!

In addition to having my car towed, I now had to pay a Taxi to pick up my car, and now I am stuck with a $50 towing charge, $25 storage fee, and a $200 fine.

I went back to this location to see if Wal-Mart would help me with the fine. They again OUTRIGHT REFUSED.

My husband works at Wal-Mart's Home Office and he knows that Wal-Mart shouldn't treat customers like this. I told him about this and I know the manager of this store can't be proud of the company towing paying customers from the store's lot.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Pick Up Service.

Comments

#502029

I was just pregnant and I also have a 2 year old. Just park next to a cart return, load your little ones in the cart and go into the Walmart.

If you don't want to do that, then go to a store that actually has parking like that (Fresh and Easy, for example has family parking right up front)

And you expect a store to offer parking for pregnant mothers? Then everyone will want their own spot.

Spots for large families, spots for hybrid cars, etc. Are you going to go down and get some sticker to prove you are pregnant? How will they keep track of that.

No they don't have to tell you ahead of time, because you KNOW you should have not parked there in the first place. I cannot believe there are people like you in this world.

Expecting1,

This is outright ***. Are you kidding?

Many of us have been pregnant before and actually had to walk, its actually good to keep your body in shape you know while your pregnant. This is literally the weirdest thing I have read all day. You parked in a handicapped parking! You are not handicapped!

Simple as that, it doesn't matter how long you have parked there it doesn't even matter. You were not supposed to park there. I cannot believe there are people in this world like you. I literally cannot believe it!

You don't want people to judge you, don't post this on an online public forum. You want people to agree with you? Ha. Your husband is a high up in Walmart, his salary should cover your stupidity.

All I have to say is poor child. Poor poor kid.

IT clearly tells YOU that your car Will BE TOWED & YOU WILL BE FINED. If you don't have a handicap Sticker... UGH *** people -___-

Respect for the pregnant, or lack thereof, is not why your car was towed. Your car was towed because you parked in a handicapped space and pregnancy is not a handicap. It wasn't a mistake, because you knew it was wrong, therefore it was a bad decision on your part, and because you don't like the consequences, you want everyone to feel sorry for you.

I know what it is like to be pregnant so I can comment here. I shoved a bowling ball up my shirt and walked around for five hours.

"STOP COMMENTING ON MY POST UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO BE PREGNANT! " - **YOU ARE NOT PREGNANT** - You are big boned - which doesn't qualify you to park in either the baby-on-board or handicapped spots. I think the walking can do you good (physically only, of course).

I have one leg that is swollen to twice the size of my other one. It's hard to walk around, but I still have to do it.

I'm not considered handicapped. Pregnancy doesn't make you handicapped or give you the right to park in those spots. If you don't have a tag stating that you are disabled and handicapped, you can't park in those spots. I know you feel you should have been allowed to because you don't want to walk much with being pregnant, but unless your doctor has given you documentation that proves you are unable to move about freely, that you have a true and undeniable handicap, you're screwed.

Sorry. Not every store caters to pregnant ladies. Find a different store if you don't like it, and they are not entitled to pay anything. Just the facts.

Sorry for your troubles, though.

Talk to your doctor or find another way of transportation if you are truly unable to walk long distances. Thanks.

Look, I know it was a mistake, but Wal-Mart hires these predatory tow companies to clear the cars from the handicapped spots the minute the owner is out of sight. This is wrong.

Wouldn't it be more business friendly to page the owner to move the car instead of towing the car?

Second, if this store would have offered parking for pregnant mothers, I wouldn't have had to park in the handicapped spot.

But because this store doesn't respect the pregnant, I had my car towed.

STOP COMMENTING ON MY POST UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO BE PREGNANT! IT'S NOT LIKE IM SOME YOUNG PUNK USING THE HANDICAPPED SPOT.

being pregnant is not a handicap; I'm glad that people who illegaly park in the handicap spaces are towed.

:( I bet you're 25-50# overweight, too. But, you still got legs.

A lot of Veterans do not. The law says the Handicap space if for people with qualifying handicaps, like no legs, ferinstance. Every time I see one of you fat, lazy, over breeding mouth breathers park in a handicap space, I'll phone it in myself.

You are exactly the one this law was written for. To punish your stupidity, and to make your selfish and vile mind understand NOT to take the space reserved for a wounded veteran.

hollins1

THIS IS TO PISSED CONSUMER MANAGEMENT.PLEASE KEEP MSLEA OFF YOUR SITE.I AM SO SICK OF HER BULLSH--.SHE GIVE'S THIS SITE A BAD NAME.PEOPLE WHO HAVE LEGAL COMPLAINT'S DO NOT WISH TO HEAR ABOUT COMPLAIN'S THAT DOES NOT MATTER TO ANYONE.CAN'T YOU ALL SEE THIS PERSON IS EITHER SICK OR CRAZY.WTF.KNOW ONE IN THEIR RIGHT FRAME OF MIND IS GOING TO CARE ABOUT HER BULL.STOP WITH THE BULL BECAUSE YOU ARE MAKING ME ILL.EVERYTIME I GO TO THIS SITE AND HEAR ANYTHING ABOUT WALMART.I HAVE HAD A PROBLEM WITH WALMART BEFORE.BUT I SOLVED THE PROBLEM.I STOPPED SHOPPING AT WALMART.MSLEA YOU SHOULD DO THE SAME.MAYBE WALMART SHOULD SUE YOU FOR BEING THE FOOL YOU ARE.

Why on earth would anyone park in a handicapped spot if they're not handicapped. You brought this on yourself.

Being pregnant is wonderful, It does not make you handicapped. And no one cares that your husband works for Walmart. That's probably why you think you have rights that the rest of us don't.

Move on. Life is not that complcated.

:cry

Im glad you got towed, you pathetic cow. Handicapped spots are for those with disabilities, what the heck did you think was going to happen?

This is not the fault of Walmart, it's your OWN fault. Park in a handicapped spot anywhere and the same thing will likely happen.

Being pregnant actually DOES mean you deserve special parking spots. And it's a shame that this particular lot didn't have dedicated parking for expectant mothers.

However... parking in a handicapped spot WITHOUT the proper plates is begging for a tow at best.

At worst, a hefty fine, a ticket, and a lovely date in traffic court. Just consider yourself lucky that the cops weren't called!

ZuzuzPetals

Walmart drains towns (I live in a mid-to-small sized town) of local business while overworking and underpaying local citizens. SHOP SOMEWHERE ELSE. Homeland, Publix, and Piggly Wiggly are all a good alternative, just to name a few.

They DID give you warning, they had a handicapped parking sign up where you parked.

If I saw you park in the handicap space, I'd call the cops because what you did was illegal as well as uncool. Here in Hawaii you would get a minimum $250 fine.

Good. I'm glad they towed you.

People like you think you can get away with that *** and then you whine when someone calls you on it. And no, being pregnant doesn't mean you deserve special parking spots.