7.7K views

I was at heartland Walmart when I got into line at express. There were maybe 4 people in front of me. There was one cashier, and another girl who wasn't wearing a vest, I assumed she was a csm as she told the cashier she is going somewhere. The cashier was going very fast until she stopped to do a MasterCard application which was SO unprofessional.

I said "excuse me, can you call for more cashiers?". She looked at me and said she's sorry but she cannot do that, and I was like "what, you can't call your manager and ASK FOR MORE CASHIERS".

just then the csm came back and said "you haven't even been in line for more than a minute, and your next, what's your problem?" I told her to call a manager because that is so unprofessional. She picked up the phone and paged for someone.

Then she looked at my cart and told me I have more than 12 items and I need to go to the regular checkouts. I told her that I will pay here and I will report both csm and cashier to a manager. Then this manager came, she asked what the problem is. I began to explain it when the csm said "she has like 30 items and she came to express". The manager told me to leave and I started to put the stuff on the cashiers counter and she was scanning it (ignoring me the whole time).

The csm and manager were talking and then the manager walked over and said to the cashier "don't serve this customer" and she cancelled the transaction. She threw all my things back in my cart and told me I will have to go to the regular checkouts like everyone else.

I told her that I want to talk to the store manager, and she was like "I'm done with you" and she took my cart and pushed it behind the customer service desk. I went to the customer service desk and asked for a manager when the customers in the lineup behind me started screaming at me for cutting.

I tried to explain the situation to them when two undercover security guards came and escorted me out. I tried to get back in but the greeter called them so I left.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Cashier.

Comments

Not sure how long ago this was but call home office and they should have cameras to back you up. Also still call the store mgr. And tell him and also tell him you are calling home office

This is absolutely a made up story I've been working at Walmart for 5 years and never seen or heard such a thing we deal with the worst customers. I remember we had two drunk customers who were not shopping just walking in the store and they were so loud and then I saw a bunch of managers following them just to make sure nothing happens and then a manager asked them politely to leave and they did.

Ha! I wish our Walmart would tell customers to get in the right line :)

this is so made up csm's wear vests and

Walmart doesn't make people get out of line for extra items and applying fro a credit card is part of the job

I am a Walmart cashier and we are required to ask if a customer wants to apply for a walmart credit card if we don't we can lose our job and if the. Customer says yes we have to process that request far as asking the csm to get more cashiers we can ask but we can't make them do it and we can't cashiers appear I wouldn't throw a customer out of the express lane for having more the 20 items but cashiers are people too and need the respect of the customers like you the customer wants respect we are not reposible for scheduling prices or policies we just have to enforce them or lose our jobs and I will not lose my job for no one so please respect your cashiers like you like to be respected or we have the right not to serve you!

Celina, Ohio, United States #965060

I don't believe this, there had to be more to the story!! A lot of customers come in and are just very rude and expect Walmart employees to bow down and kiss their feet. These same me customers would never act that way at any other store!

Get a life! And be less dramatic!

! Go to the regular check out like the civilized people do!!

You mad at the world not Wal-Mart please! !

Lenoir City, Tennessee, United States #955527

I don't believe this story. Gotta be more to it.

Shame on Walmart for not having the red carpet all rolled out for you your majesty.

Belvidere, Illinois, United States #954511

Serves you right you don't need to be rude your not the only customer or person in the world the public demands self check outs use them deal with it

Goodlettsville, Tennessee, United States #936226

It's apart of the cashiers job to process credit card applications. It's not her fault that there aren't enough cashiers scheduled to work or that the few that are already there have to get lunches and breaks.

Contrary to popular beliefs, there aren't any extra cashiers stashed away in the back or hidden places to put on the registers and that's not the person ringing up your stuff fault.

There's more to this than meets the eye. Have some empathy for ones there serving you.

Dallas, Texas, United States #936042

I am so sorry this happened to you and I will tell you this, come to our Walmart in Corry, Pa. and this will never happen!

I've never seen anyone in our store treat a customer this way. Walmart should have fired the cashier, the CSM, and the store manager on the spot! I'm a cashier and at our store we are taught to treat each customer with respect, our CSM's all bend over backwards to help a customer, and the store manager would NEVER tolerate this type of behaviour. I have worked the express registers many, many times where a customer has more than the 20 items we ask them for, but, I wouldn't turn them away.

Just smile and say, "have a great day!" Really, it is not hard to be nice to people, especially when your job depends on having customers who happily come back time and again.

to Anonymous Orange, California, United States #936162

Fire the cashier, for doing her job? So your store encourages adults to behave like six year old by breaking rules and cutting in line?

That is sad indeed. What about the other people who have less than ten items, won't allowing someone with the behavior of a six year old *** them off. If I were a customer behind someone who had 30 items in the express lane I would make a scene and cause the other behind me to help complain as well, if I were the person that this child cut in front of I would simply take my place in line, as for the other people this child cut in front of well if they want to stand up for themselves they can. I did this exact same thing to this person who cut in front of me, when I shoved bumped into them to take back my place in line they gave me a funny look.

I told them this is not your country, you simply do not cut in line, it may be acceptable to push and cut in line in your country but not here. Of course she thinks it is okay for her to cut in line.

It is called earn respect to get respect, cutting in line going in the express lane with 30 items is not the way to earn respect and if someone fired me for expecting an adult trapped in a six year old's body to obey the rules so other express customer can get checked out fast I would get my lawyer and sue them for wrongful dismissal. The customer here was not mistreated, just an adult acting like she is six years old.

Wow! Good ole Canada!

Prairieville, Louisiana, United States #933508

Im a cashier at a walmart in colorado springs colorado ive been told i have great cust service skills and i promise u wouldnt get treated like that with me or my managers not all walmart employees are like that some of us do care about our customers they are our employers

to Anonymous Grinnell, Iowa, United States #933707

But this customer was not mistreated, she was one of those terrible customers that think because she gives you money that she can mistreat you and push you around. She deserved to be kicked out of the store and banned from stepping foot not only from Walmart but outside her home and in the public.

to Anonymous Orange, California, United States #933710

I would not be shopping in your store then if the manager does not have the balls to stand up to a rude customer who thinks it is okay to cut in line and who thinks it is okay to take 30 items in a 12 or less lane. I mean come on if it was 13 items, 14.

I can understand, but 30?

I agree with the other person this person not only needs to be banned from Walmart but society as well. No one should have to deal with a grown woman behaving like a six year old.

to KevinRichards Little Rock, Arkansas, United States #934827

Kevin thinks everyone acts like 6 year olds. He has commented 1461 times on this site. He must be jacking off while he does it because he can not have time to do anything else!!!!!

to Anonymous Orange, California, United States #934934

You acted like a six year old on your site because you cannot wait five minutes for an employee to show up and serve you, this despite the fact that several people told you that they must clock in at 7 and help other people. You even admitted to threatening an infant because you were annoyed at them for crying.

This person is a child because they are unable to count and they are unable to wait in line. If you don't want to be accused of being six years old why not trying to act your age?

to KevinRichards Little Rock, Arkansas, United States #934937

I never threatened the infant, apparently English is not your native language, I have already stated this on my review. I was simply annoyed because the mother was not doing her job and the infant kept crying, I simply told the mother that if she did not keep her baby quiet that I would take her child and throw it outside the store so the rest of us don't have to listen to it, of course the mangers sided with the mother and asked me to leave the store.

Imagine having to stand in line for ten minutes and hear a baby crying.

Then again you are probably the baby crying because mommy did not buy you chocolate. I did not threaten the infant, I gave the mother a fair warning if she did not deal with the crying baby I would.