Mississauga, Ontario
7.7K views

I was at heartland Walmart when I got into line at express. There were maybe 4 people in front of me. There was one cashier, and another girl who wasn't wearing a vest, I assumed she was a csm as she told the cashier she is going somewhere. The cashier was going very fast until she stopped to do a MasterCard application which was SO unprofessional.

I said "excuse me, can you call for more cashiers?". She looked at me and said she's sorry but she cannot do that, and I was like "what, you can't call your manager and ASK FOR MORE CASHIERS".

just then the csm came back and said "you haven't even been in line for more than a minute, and your next, what's your problem?" I told her to call a manager because that is so unprofessional. She picked up the phone and paged for someone.

Then she looked at my cart and told me I have more than 12 items and I need to go to the regular checkouts. I told her that I will pay here and I will report both csm and cashier to a manager. Then this manager came, she asked what the problem is. I began to explain it when the csm said "she has like 30 items and she came to express". The manager told me to leave and I started to put the stuff on the cashiers counter and she was scanning it (ignoring me the whole time).

The csm and manager were talking and then the manager walked over and said to the cashier "don't serve this customer" and she cancelled the transaction. She threw all my things back in my cart and told me I will have to go to the regular checkouts like everyone else.

I told her that I want to talk to the store manager, and she was like "I'm done with you" and she took my cart and pushed it behind the customer service desk. I went to the customer service desk and asked for a manager when the customers in the lineup behind me started screaming at me for cutting.

I tried to explain the situation to them when two undercover security guards came and escorted me out. I tried to get back in but the greeter called them so I left.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Cashier.

Comments

#741991

No offense but most people are 7 they canwait in line for more than a few minutes and not cut in line as you did. Also Express is for 12 items or less.

Maybe the reason people have to wait a long time for express is because of people like you who go with more than 12 items and argue for ten or 15 minutes about how the rules should be changed just for them. 12 items means 12 items. Now if you had 13 items or 14 items and they were giving you attitude I can understand but you had 30 freaking items. So basically your complaint is.

I am impatient.

I cannot wait more than one minute and I am angry that they made me follow the rules like everyone else.

However I think I am wasting my time by writing this because you most likely are trolling. Come one there is not way that someone could be as rude and arrogant as you are.

That's what you get for being an *** hole!

I would have loved for our manager to throw your sorry *** out. Feral customers like you make cashier job harder than it needs to be. You got exactly what you deserved.

I have worked at Walmart for a long time and in my wildest dreams, I could never expect that anything like this would ever happen at a Walmart store. We value our customers too much to treat them so disrespectfully.

:) I am so tired of people bashing Walmart, we work under extremely stressful situations made worse by silly complaints like this.

I work at Wal-Mart and I know the customers have no respect for the cashiers or the express lines, at my store if a cashier spoke with a customer like you said she would be fired, we have to check out the customer in the express lane if he or she has 50 items, but it's people like you that really make our job hard, you think you're special and to *** with the rules, you make it rough for the people who have 1 or 2 items, I would have loved to have thrown you out myself... :p

What a shame to work at the walmart in my experience to work there was a painful. We dont get right treatment as a cashier.

Specialy walmart Csm managers no one care about us except themselves. We get late breaks and late lunches it would take 1 an hour or 2 hrs . Before we even get a lunch..they only care about how much money they can make..now. I know why cashier don't last working on walmart.on my experience was a terrible for me I wont come backed to work for them.

Worst thing they only pay us $7.65 an hr.but yet we work like a dog. Biggest thing worst one is *** em and get the he'll out of walmart do not work for em..and screw them ..there all bunches of retarded whenbit comesbon making sched...store mngr.

Cannot understand wht time u can only work.they put whtver they wany..doesn't know how to listen to the cashier. .hate Walmart didnt went there anymore to do my grocery at all :grin

#720521

Cashiers are assigned their lanes electronically based on associates available to work and their lunch and break schedules. The express lane is for small orders so follow the rules and allow enough time for your shopping plans.

#719830

I just read this story and to be honest it seems so one-sided. Having worked as a wal-mart cashier myself, I can tell you that if you go into an express line with more than the allowed items, of course you'll be asked to go to a regular register.

Also they can't just call for more cashiers because ONE customer asks. People like you, who seem to think they should get special treatment are the ones employees find the most annoying to be honest. And if you hadn't been in the wrong, the member of management AND security wouldn't have escorted you out. I know this story is from a while ago but how the *** did all of that equal a $40.00 monetary loss?

Can someone explain? lol

#719954
@Reciprocity

Once again, the professional repliers hit and run on different sites.

No one thinks this is a random posting but you, Reciprocity, azzzzhule.

#719801

I do not believe you. we have wonderful employees

#719652

By the way Walmart does not do "MasterCard" applications, we only have Walmart Discover, and our own Walmart credit card, and the application process takes 5 mins tops and it is required for us to ask all customers, however most of us only ask people who spend $100 or more because then they can save $20.

I find this funny it takes a lot to be thrown out of Walmart. I would say the customer wasn't totally honest about there situation.

This is so sad

shame on you it sounds like you are rude and disrespectful of the employees i work at walmart and i have to deal with people like you fortunately 90 percent of our shoppers are great and very nice. Hey we just are trying to make a living.

Godó for the employees. Really what was your problem, you were next.

Talking about not being fair, your entitled *** should have never been on express with 30 ítems. Everyone else followed the rules but you believe you are above everybody else. T'hen you has the nerve to again with your entitled ***, go to Customer Service, where other consumers were waiting in line, and beleiving you being better than the others already in line, butt in line because you felt your *** was more important. YOU SOUND LIKE A CLOWN.

If you have a problem with Walmart and their employee family SHOP AT KMART OR TARGET JUST SOMEWHERE ELSE.

EXCERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO CHOOSE!!!!!! CLOWN :(

LadyScot

Good for them. About time customers learn that the rules apply to them too.

You have to learn you can not show your *** in public and get away with it.

I wish I could shake the CSM and the manager's hand.

Credit applications are part of business. Next time, take your self entitled *** to the appropriate checkout.

@LadyScot

so true ladyscot

I agree with the other posters it is *** costumers like you that ruin it for the polite costumers. 1) Express lanes are made for small orders not large orders.

2) There usually are no other cashiers, and depending on the time of day there will not be any floor help. 3) Managers don't have all the time in the world to run a register, they have to make sure the whole store is running smoothly.

***, I work at Walmart, we try as hard as we can to get ppl checked out as fast as possible, u have know right causing that much ***, it doesn't hurt to ask Nicely if theirs a way we can call some associates up to cashier for a bit, but theirs no way to get more cashiers, some are on break and the rest are off, If u were in my store I would have thrown ur disrespectful *** out myself

IHateStupidCustomers

I don't think this story is real but if it is, then you got what you deserved. I never go to Walmart expecting to get through the lines within a minute.

if I do, then that's awesome. next time, go to Walmart and just be patient and also learn what the express lane is for instead of bringing 50 items.