Walmart - One hour Guarantee

I purchased a 50-inch TV during the first shopping event at Walmart Thanksgiving Day for the one hour guarantee. Upon arriving home (2-hours away from the store), I entered the TC number only to be told that it was invalid and to return to the store where I bought the item. I found this out after calling the 1-800 four times before speaking to a live person.

The cashier rang up the tv along with other items I purchased and since this was not on a receipt alone it made this purchase an invalid one hour guarantee. I asked customer service rep how would I have known this she said I would not know this. She was unsure why that store was doing it that way. To add insult to injury my receipt was reviewed before I left the store by a greeter.

This is very disheartening and feels like a rip-off. This is not good customer service.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Review category
Appliances and Electronics
review #562915 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Walmart? Submit review ›
Helpful? 11 Yes 11 12 No 12
Had the same issue 46 Yes 46
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Dec 11, 2015 #1077375

The 50" TV was not a part of the 1-hour guarantee, it was an in-store pickup item or guaranteed delivery BEFORE 12/24. That TV was on sale from Black Thursday all the way to midnight Black Friday.
So you do have an invalid TC for 1-hour guarantee. Can't lose money if you can simply get a refund! Non-story here!

1 0 Reply

Nov 26, 2015 #1069883

I know this is a year old, but wanted to add my $218 worth.
They started passing out purchase receipts at 6:00, as promised. I was about halfway back in line. I got our receipt, paid, went to Tire and Lube where they loaded it, and was home before 7:00.
I got the replacement guarantee.
One year later, TV is working just fine.

0 0 Reply

Mar 08, 2015 #955550 Dallas, Texas

Have you people not learned yet,Cheap is not the Best Way to go.Element TV no way.

0 2 Reply

Mar 08, 2015 #955546 Dallas, Texas

I am so sure that you are doing Walmart a Great Service by stay away.HaHa.

1 3 Reply

Feb 02, 2015 #940143 Joplin, Missouri

I wont. I have not been in Walmart for going on about 3 years now. walmart can go suck it and I mean it when I say I won't go back. It has nothing to do about a TV or anything they did wrong to me. I just don't agree with Walmart and HOW those TVs and most eletronics CAME TO BE AT SUCH A LOW PRICE. Most of their products are made by children who are forced to work.. Slavery! Someone is PAYING THE PRICE for these LOW PRICED items!! Shop locally owned small businesses AT LEAST. WAKE UP PEOPLE. I do not wish to argue or debate this, this is HOW I feel about it...although you can all do some intense research and find out the truth for yourselves.

4 2 Reply
Give Me a Break

Feb 13, 2015 #945338 Lone Jack, Missouri

5 3 Reply
That Guy

May 19 #1161731 Pennsylvania, United States

I'm guessing that your keyboard was made by defective Chinese children as well. That would explain why your caps lock button seems to always be stuck.

Apr 10, 2015 #970366 Joplin, Missouri

I agree, it's been 3 years for me also. I DO NOT go to wal-***!!

0 1 Reply
Wow a whole two weeks

Jul 27 #1190711 Warsaw, Virginia

They are doing fine without you

0 0 Reply

Jan 15, 2015 #931869 Maple Heights, Ohio

I purchased 5 RCA tablets with insurance only to find that Walmart can't replace or repair but they are selling items with insurance my daughter was very disappointed when she could not get her tablet fixed or repaired. She is twelve and saved for two weeks allowance to purchase the items this should be stopped.

Feb 16, 2015 #946409

Bahahahaha. An RCA tablet? I didn't know that anyone bought anything from RCA anymore, let alone tablets. When I think RCA I think of crappy tv's and remotes from the early 90's - and even back then they were going downhill. And you were surprised that there was an issue with it, really?

1 12 Reply
walmart is a scam

Jan 05, 2015 #926223 Saint Petersburg, Florida

Some of you guys, are worried about getting registered or getting rain checks, we received an emailed saying that it was ready to be picked up but when we were at the store, were told that the items were gone and they weren't getting anymore and they had to give us our money back

John Anderson

Jan 05, 2015 #926229 Saint Petersburg, Florida

I was told the same thing last week, I spend 4 hrs in line for the I pad mini and they told me they were not getting anymore and the rest of the customers were getting their money back

2 0 Reply

Dec 27, 2014 #921878 Ashville, Pennsylvania

I had the same problem. Called the number one the website for the one hour guarantee and they told me to go to the store. Went to store - spent an hour waiting in line at customer service - was told that I needed to fill out a rain check since the item was rung up incorrectly (the cashier rang it up as though I received the physical item and not the one hour guarantee item). The manager stated they would call or email me when the item came in around 12/20. Now it's almost the end of December and I still haven't received a call. I called the store again today, spoke to the manager and he proceeded to tell me that since my item was "rainchecked" I would have to wait for all of the customers who "properly" registered their items online to get their TV's and if there were any left they would call me. Oh and there is currently no ETA.

4 1 Reply

Dec 26, 2014 #921324 Eastpointe, Michigan

I feel bad for some of these posters. I went into my local Walmart on Thanksgiving night at 6 pm. I was a given a voucher for the 50" TV. I went to the checkout, paid the $218.00 (plus whatever tax was added), went home, and registered the receipt online. I got an e-mail 3 weeks later saying that my purchase was ready for pick-up. I went in, showed my receipt, and they wheeled out my Emerson TV. Very easy process for me.

1 2 Reply

Dec 30, 2014 #923148 San Diego, California

0 2 Reply

Dec 31, 2014 #923740 Houston, Texas

Mine seemed a little fuzzy too but I changed the picture size and it's fine now

1 2 Reply

Dec 18, 2014 #918069

just got my 50 inch element guaranteed TV from Walmart the remote control is missing screws are missing for the stand and there is a black glare on the television that is very noticeable.

1 0 Reply

Dec 16, 2014 #916911 Florence, Alabama

My store ddid this and gave back the money andand gave us the TV for free.. Came in yesterday

2 2 Reply

Dec 04, 2014 #911129

Maybe you shouldn't have tried to fool your cashier into giving you a tv the same day

1 8 Reply

1-20 of 28 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.