6.3K views
100% full Not resolved

I purchased a 50-inch TV during the first shopping event at Walmart Thanksgiving Day for the one hour guarantee. Upon arriving home (2-hours away from the store), I entered the TC number only to be told that it was invalid and to return to the store where I bought the item. I found this out after calling the 1-800 four times before speaking to a live person.

The cashier rang up the tv along with other items I purchased and since this was not on a receipt alone it made this purchase an invalid one hour guarantee. I asked customer service rep how would I have known this she said I would not know this. She was unsure why that store was doing it that way. To add insult to injury my receipt was reviewed before I left the store by a greeter.

This is very disheartening and feels like a rip-off. This is not good customer service.

Review about: Walmart Cashier.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Walmart?

Comments

The 50" TV was not a part of the 1-hour guarantee, it was an in-store pickup item or guaranteed delivery BEFORE 12/24.That TV was on sale from Black Thursday all the way to midnight Black Friday.

So you do have an invalid TC for 1-hour guarantee.

Can't lose money if you can simply get a refund!Non-story here!

I know this is a year old, but wanted to add my $218 worth.

They started passing out purchase receipts at 6:00, as promised. I was about halfway back in line. I got our receipt, paid, went to Tire and Lube where they loaded it, and was home before 7:00.

I got the replacement guarantee.

One year later, TV is working just fine.

Dallas, Texas, United States #955550

Have you people not learned yet,Cheap is not the Best Way to go.Element TV no way.

Dallas, Texas, United States #955546

I am so sure that you are doing Walmart a Great Service by stay away.HaHa.

Joplin, Missouri, United States #940143

I wont.I have not been in Walmart for going on about 3 years now.

walmart can go suck it and I mean it when I say I won't go back. It has nothing to do about a TV or anything they did wrong to me. I just don't agree with Walmart and HOW those TVs and most eletronics CAME TO BE AT SUCH A LOW PRICE. Most of their products are made by children who are forced to work..

Slavery! Someone is PAYING THE PRICE for these LOW PRICED items!! Shop locally owned small businesses AT LEAST.

WAKE UP PEOPLE.I do not wish to argue or debate this, this is HOW I feel about it...although you can all do some intense research and find out the truth for yourselves.

to eyeswideopen Lone Jack, Missouri, United States #945338

ALL ELECTRONICS AND MOST OF OUR CLOTHES ARE BEING MADE BY CHINESE CHILDREN FORCED TO WORK IN SWEAT SHOPS FOR LITTLE OR NO PAY. ALL MAJOR BRAND STORES SELL THESE PRODUCTS KNOWING FULL WELL WHERE THEY COME FROM, NOT JUST WAL-MART.

to Give Me a Break Pennsylvania, United States #1161731

I'm guessing that your keyboard was made by defective Chinese children as well. That would explain why your caps lock button seems to always be stuck.

to That Guy #1290039

Does the caps lock really matter? No, you still read it.

to eyeswideopen Joplin, Missouri, United States #970366

I agree, it's been 3 years for me also. I DO NOT go to wal-***!!

to eyeswideopen Warsaw, Virginia, United States #1190711

They are doing fine without you