Walmart - Online order never shipped. customer service failed to fix.

I recently bought a pricey pair of headphones, along with a warranty, from Walmart's online store. I was charged, of course, but they simply never shipped the item! After the delivery-by date passed I called customer service to inquire. Their answer? "Um, yeah, I'll make a note of it. Sorry. Please call again in 2 days." Seriously? How about, I'm sorry, we will overnight-delivery the item to you now given that we failed to live up to our obligations in the transaction. What a terrible business model.

Customers take delivery time into account when they evaluate their willingness to purchase an item at a given price. When the vendor fails to even ship the item within the promised delivery time, the vendor is cheating the consumer of the full value of the item, even if they eventually do ship it. In light of that, most business would have instituted some type of compensation scheme to account for such contingencies. Not only does Walmart lack any such compensation policy, they don’t even take steps to address their own breaches of contract.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Beats Studio Wireless Headphones
Review category
Supermarkets and Malls
review #842282 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Walmart? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.