I recently bought a pricey pair of headphones, along with a warranty, from Walmart's online store. I was charged, of course, but they simply never shipped the item! After the delivery-by date passed I called customer service to inquire. Their answer? "Um, yeah, I'll make a note of it. Sorry. Please call again in 2 days." Seriously? How about, I'm sorry, we will overnight-delivery the item to you now given that we failed to live up to our obligations in the transaction. What a terrible business model.
Customers take delivery time into account when they evaluate their willingness to purchase an item at a given price. When the vendor fails to even ship the item within the promised delivery time, the vendor is cheating the consumer of the full value of the item, even if they eventually do ship it. In light of that, most business would have instituted some type of compensation scheme to account for such contingencies. Not only does Walmart lack any such compensation policy, they don’t even take steps to address their own breaches of contract.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "By far, my family and I had one of the worst experiences ever!!!My husband &I decided to go to on Friday April 15, 2011 to Wal-Mart(Store #3601, Crestwood IL) to..."
- "I decided to order the manual treadmill as a gift because of the big 'GET THIS ITEM BEFORE CHRISTMAS' sign lit up next to the price. I ordered this 14..."
- "I ordered a custom cake made with the colors white & gray for my wedding I get a disgusting looking cake the color of brown and gold with the detail..."
- "In March I had a shockingly bad MegaBus experience on various levels, and I've heard of similar from friends. When I got home that night, I wrote a review..."
- "Not trying to kill your dreams here. I’m trying to -save- you, your families, your friendships, and your money from this endless soul-sucking NIGHTMARE. I worked full-time for WFG in..."
- "Dear everyone, who is doing business around the world using paypal, using 99designs, or other busines, witch is including online banking. I want to inform you about the company payoneer.com witch..."
- "I ordered a blueprint and what I got was a black and white copy of a "blueprint". It's blurry and not worth mounting much less displaying. You..."
- "I ordered this for a 5 year old child's birthday. The item arrived weeks later - nowhere did it disclose on the site that it was coming from CHINA by..."
- "Their service sucks! Couple days ago I notice my page was in blank when I had many listings and I contact them by email and they said because they send..."