I recently bought a pricey pair of headphones, along with a warranty, from Walmart's online store. I was charged, of course, but they simply never shipped the item! After the delivery-by date passed I called customer service to inquire. Their answer? "Um, yeah, I'll make a note of it. Sorry. Please call again in 2 days." Seriously? How about, I'm sorry, we will overnight-delivery the item to you now given that we failed to live up to our obligations in the transaction. What a terrible business model.

Customers take delivery time into account when they evaluate their willingness to purchase an item at a given price. When the vendor fails to even ship the item within the promised delivery time, the vendor is cheating the consumer of the full value of the item, even if they eventually do ship it. In light of that, most business would have instituted some type of compensation scheme to account for such contingencies. Not only does Walmart lack any such compensation policy, they don’t even take steps to address their own breaches of contract.

Review about: Beats Studio Wireless Headphones.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Walmart Delivery Service
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / $303
Preferred solution Price reduction

Had an Experience with Walmart?

Submit review

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.