Van Buren, Arkansas

Update by user Sep 12, 2015

I finally Googled Walmart customer service and got a different phone number. My guess is that they have been hacked or something and somebody is trying to get sales by pitching Walmart customer service customers.

Anyway, I did get a hold of the real Walmart customer service and they took care of my order. I am pleased with the outcome and the customer service rep was very professional even though I was on a rant for part of the call. I did not like that I had a 10 minute wait to get a customer service rep.

The phone number on the website (the hacked #) is (866)966-6546. The real customer service phone number is (800)925-6278.

Original review posted by user Sep 12, 2015

I placed an order that was billed to me and shipped as a gift to another address but the online system put my name and the gift address as the billing address. They did not contact to tell me that the item had not shipped or that they canceled the order, just left hanging in limbo in their track orders system.

I tried to call them to straighten it out but the phone system forced me to answer questions about things they could upsell to me. I didn't answer the questions so I was told by a robot to hang up now. I didn't hang up. I stayed on the line and a piercing noise that sounded like a jet engine was transmitted across the line.

I stuck it out. After about 30 seconds the call was ended by them. I called back. I did not answer the questions.

They ended the call. I called back again. I had to answer strange questions and if I did not answer them correctly I would be blocked forever by them so I answered the questions. After the two questions, were you born after 1920 and have I used a telephone within the last week, I was told that I would be verified within 24 hours.

I guess I can't call them back until tomorrow.

What a strange, Outer Limits kind of experience. Walmart online customer service is the worst I have ever experienced.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Walmart Cons: Costomer service.

Comments

KevinRichards

A ten minute wait is nothing for a big company. Maybe having an adult who has more patience calling would be a better option next time?

Bring it on and come see me ***