Little Rock, Arkansas
3.4K views
Featured Not resolved

While I was eating my product I noticed an altered taste after the first ***. I decided to check the expiration date and realize that it was expired for 3 month.

This is unacceptable and pretty unsafe from an hygiene standpoint. The worth part is that it is not the first time that I have seen this expiration issue with product at Walmart. Their stock rotation is uncontrolled and dangerous for a consumer safety. too much is too much.

You can find some yogurts for kids with 3 weeks over the expiration date.They do that with some products why not with the entire store. Where is the trust and the safety for the consumer?

Comments

i had a check from walmart since 9/06/18 i went to cash it they won't cash it they say it expire . is it possible to get my or how or what can i do I had a expire check with me

Play a fun game of Wal-Mart poker.

Take 5 friends, go to Wal-Mart, and have a 10 minute time limit hunt to see who can find the most expired product.

Whomever wins gets free supper courtesy of the others ( not Wal-Mart food ).

Mike_mn

I was freaked out when WM started selling Groceries! I had not thought of WM as a place to go for food!

Typical canned or packaged products is not an issue. I've found there fresh vegetables and produce to be lacking in quality. Some are in bins on the floor below knee level! Really!

I'm not going to bend over or kneel on the floor. I go elsewhere for fresh produce.

I look at expiration dates on all produce in any store. But 3 month past expiration Cheese!

Yuch! I think they owe you an explanation.

KevinRichards

Okay when did you get fired?

Top line item on receipt is a carton of cigarettes. I probably wouldn't worry about some outdated dairy products. Just saying...

@Anonymous

Lol. Right you are

What does "after the first ****" mean?

PissedReplier, I hate to burst your bubble but Walmart employees are not all "blue collar ghetto trash". Who are you to make such a statement?

Do you not realize how many educated, good decent people are stuck in low paying jobs due to our government being sold to the highest bidder? You should take a long, good look at yourself before putting others down.

Looks like Wal Mart was at fault; however, so was the OP.

Always check dates before buying anything - mistakes happen EVERYWHERE and ANYTIME.

Common sense is so rare it might be a superpower!

If you expect Wal Mart employees to check for dates prepared to be surprised...EVERY grocery chain has problems with dates, they are expected to throw so much product rotation gets kicked to the curb. Some stores within those chains have more problems then others. I would trust Wal-mart dates over any other chain because they sell more product compared to any other chain so rotating can be much easier at a higher volume store.

Leegit

The anon " Matt" was me dont judge me

I would highly agree with ladyscot but there is a problem with the way cheese is aged and stored, you might have known this as it might have not been aged correctly(stored at wrong temp for example) so I guess that wh you might have thought for it to be expired, but it does say best before, not use by, so I'm not sure who is right.

LadyScot

There is a difference between a BEST BEFORE and an expiration date. Expire means the product either goes bad or loses its efficiency.

Best before simply means it will be freshest before that date. With cheese, cheddar and the like, the older it is the better. I remember my grandma used to make butter and cheese, and the best was the cheddar that had green mold all around it. You cut off the mold and the manna is underneath.

Yummy.

As for the other instances, as long as humans work the store mistakes will happen. It is up to the consumer to check the date before you buy it.

after seeing the pic of a typical walmart employee at review 433899 its no wonder they are pushing old outdated food.

This is one of the best pissed consumer reviews. Details and proof with receipt and expired product. Well done badkontact.

Ooops sorry about my previous comment. I don't think it is up to the customer to check dates BEFORE purchasing a food item at walmart. If the employees had done their JOB we would not have to worry about buying expired food.

@Anonymous

You are a fool then. I don't place myself in situations where I end up disappointed, I do think it is my responsibility to check dates for the products I'm buying. I hate wasting time returning stuff and so I make sure I do things that won't make me end up disappointed.

You didn't think to check the expiration date BEFORE you bought it? I know that it should not be on the shelf, but a little common sense would have prevented you from purchasing it.

Whenever buying items that can go bad, it's always important to check the date, no matter where you are purchasing it. that way you can not waste peoples time returning something that you could have avoided all along

By far the best pissed complaint about Walmart. :)

This is one of the best valid complaints with documented proof.