Walmart - Over 3 months after the expiration date for dairy product...Still on store shelves.

While I was eating my product I noticed an altered taste after the first ***.I decided to check the expiration date and realize that it was expired for 3 month.

This is unacceptable and pretty unsafe from an hygiene standpoint. The worth part is that it is not the first time that I have seen this expiration issue with product at Walmart. Their stock rotation is uncontrolled and dangerous for a consumer safety. too much is too much.

You can find some yogurts for kids with 3 weeks over the expiration date.They do that with some products why not with the entire store.Where is the trust and the safety for the consumer?

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 65 Yes 65 15 No 15
Had the same issue 11 Yes 11
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Nov 03, 2015 #1057657

I was freaked out when WM started selling Groceries! I had not thought of WM as a place to go for food! Typical canned or packaged products is not an issue. I've found there fresh vegetables and produce to be lacking in quality. Some are in bins on the floor below knee level! Really! I'm not going to bend over or kneel on the floor. I go elsewhere for fresh produce.
I look at expiration dates on all produce in any store. But 3 month past expiration Cheese! Yuch! I think they owe you an explanation.

1 1 Reply

Feb 24, 2015 #950522

Top line item on receipt is a carton of cigarettes. I probably wouldn't worry about some outdated dairy products. Just saying...

8 1 Reply

Jan 23, 2015 #935092 Birmingham, Alabama

What does "after the first ****" mean?

Oct 02, 2014 #879066 Austin, Texas

PissedReplier, I hate to burst your bubble but Walmart employees are not all "blue collar ghetto trash". Who are you to make such a statement? Do you not realize how many educated, good decent people are stuck in low paying jobs due to our government being sold to the highest bidder? You should take a long, good look at yourself before putting others down.

14 3 Reply

Sep 16, 2014 #871088

Looks like Wal Mart was at fault; however, so was the OP.
Always check dates before buying anything - mistakes happen EVERYWHERE and ANYTIME.
Common sense is so rare it might be a superpower!

12 1 Reply

May 11, 2014 #814124 Lutz, Florida

If you expect Wal Mart employees to check for dates prepared to be surprised...EVERY grocery chain has problems with dates, they are expected to throw so much product rotation gets kicked to the curb. Some stores within those chains have more problems then others. I would trust Wal-mart dates over any other chain because they sell more product compared to any other chain so rotating can be much easier at a higher volume store.

6 4 Reply

Oct 24, 2013 #732906 Fresno, California

I would highly agree with ladyscot but there is a problem with the way cheese is aged and stored, you might have known this as it might have not been aged correctly(stored at wrong temp for example) so I guess that wh you might have thought for it to be expired, but it does say best before, not use by, so I'm not sure who is right.

0 0 Reply

Jul 29, 2013 #689735 Naples, Florida

There is a difference between a BEST BEFORE and an expiration date. Expire means the product either goes bad or loses its efficiency. Best before simply means it will be freshest before that date. With cheese, cheddar and the like, the older it is the better. I remember my grandma used to make butter and cheese, and the best was the cheddar that had green mold all around it. You cut off the mold and the manna is underneath. Yummy.

As for the other instances, as long as humans work the store mistakes will happen. It is up to the consumer to check the date before you buy it.

12 0 Reply

Jul 29, 2013 #689706

after seeing the pic of a typical walmart employee at review 433899 its no wonder they are pushing old outdated food.

0 1 Reply

Jul 14, 2013 #680253 Bena, Minnesota

This is one of the best pissed consumer reviews. Details and proof with receipt and expired product. Well done badkontact.

1 1 Reply

Jun 19, 2013 #666800 Columbus, Ohio

Ooops sorry about my previous comment. I don't think it is up to the customer to check dates BEFORE purchasing a food item at walmart. If the employees had done their JOB we would not have to worry about buying expired food.

3 6 Reply

Jun 19, 2013 #666491 Columbus, Ohio

You didn't think to check the expiration date BEFORE you bought it? I know that it should not be on the shelf, but a little common sense would have prevented you from purchasing it. Whenever buying items that can go bad, it's always important to check the date, no matter where you are purchasing it. that way you can not waste peoples time returning something that you could have avoided all along

5 2 Reply

Jun 17, 2013 #665768

By far the best pissed complaint about Walmart. :)

Jun 15, 2013 #664833

This is one of the best valid complaints with documented proof.

Jun 12, 2013 #663682

poor pathetic cathy852 thinks everybody on pissed consumer are as ignorant as her. we all know better than to click on a link to a bogus website...hey cathy852 what the heck is a labtop where is 'there aunt' how phu c king ignorant :grin :grin

0 2 Reply
remember too

Jun 12, 2013 #663639 Austin, Texas

I remember when Albertsons did that too! I had a friend that would make it a point to look for out of date stuff she probably got hundreds of dollars of stuff for free. I don't know if they still have that policy.

1 0 Reply

Jun 11, 2013 #663253

I remember when Albertson's would give you any item that had an expired date on it for free. I knew an old lady, (dead now) she was old as dirt with one foot in the grave, when she f.,art.ed dust blew out of her behind. That old hag would make a point to search for food that had expired dates and take them to the register and get then for free. She would do this everyday and she would stash the food that was going to expire in a couple of days and come back and get it for free when it was expired. Our manager finally had a meeting and some of use had to come in when the store was closed just to search for expired food or food that was approaching the expiration date and discard it. And when she came in we would watch her to see where she would stash the food that was going to expire and discard it or reduce the price for quick sale before she could come back and get it for free...needless to say she never got food for free again because it was expired. Guess she had to go back to eating cat food. :grin :grin

2 12 Reply

Jun 11, 2013 #663198

This is the best pissed consumer complaint I have seen this month. The receipt and the expired date on the product explains it all. The people trying to dissuade from the issue by trying to put the blame on the customer are the typical blasé walmart employee. Thanks badkontact

4 1 Reply

1-20 of 60 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Walmart. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Walmart.
Filing a new complaint about