110 Davidson Rd, Mount Vernon, IL 62864
2.8
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Went to Walmart the other day to buy a futon. I decided on one based on the fact that it was on sale and was already more than I really wanted to pay for one.

I didn't realize until I checked my bank account that they charged me full price for it!

Was overcharged $50+.. Definitely watching prices and making sure I get a receipt from now on!

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Cashier.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: The difference of what I wasn't supposed to pay!.

• Sale Price Not Charged

Comments

Were you high when you went to the store? Why wouldn't you notice that the cashier asked you for $50 more than you were expecting to pay.

You should have said something at that point.

I don't think I've ever been in a Walmart that the cashier didn't hand me a receipt. Why wouldn't you have taken yours?

SeveralOrangutan
@Anonymous

I wasn't even really there for it. Another employee brought it up to the front and when I got there she had already rang it up and asked if I was using a card and to swipe it.

Right as I did, the other employee started walking towards the door with the futon so I thanked her and followed him out. She never handed me the receipt or asked me if I wanted one. They seemed to be in a big hurry.

It's very common to feel very rushed in this store. Most of the cashiers don't give you the time of day.

@Anonymous

I agree with you. I often have to embarrass myself by pointing out that I am being charged the wrong price for something.

I'm sure that most people never say anything. I'm sure that many people are too busy or distracted to even notice.

And at Wal-Mart, when you do accidentally pay more before noticing it, you have to go back and wait in a real long line at the Customer Service desk to get it taken care of. So I always keep a close eye on whatever it is that I'm buying to make sure that I'm being charged the right price before paying.