I am on leave from the Air Force in Baytown Tx. I arrived here after serving in Germany for 3 years...with no Walmart.

I was so excited to finally visit a Walmart that we went to the nearest one here in Baytown our second day in the States. I was pissed beyond belief. There were at least 5 shopping carts in every other parking space and even more shopping carts in the Handicapped parking spaces. As I reluctantly walked inside the store after driving around for a few minutes, then getting out of my car to push 4 carts to the cart cage to park in a spot, only to see that the rows of shopping carts ready for me to grab for my shopping spree all were lined with garbage.

Not to mention there was a Walmart employee standing adjacent to the carts. I hope she heard the fuss I was making about the garbage. I know that Walmart pays people to clean the carts and gather them from the parking lots, so I wonder just how much Walmart is paying their people to sit and watch the parking lot fill up with carts?

I was so excited to shop at my first Walmart in three years only be severely let down. I am starting to miss Germany...

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Parking.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Aug 27, 2009.

Comments

"Yes you are exactly right. A cart return every other row is obviously poor planning. It can't possibly have ANYTHING to do with the fact that 95% of people in America are just lazy as ***. Even if customers are parked directly next to a cart return they are usually pushed up against a curb or placed in between two cars. ALWAYS gotta blame Walmart though...."

I guess you skipped the rest of my complaint in that there are people employed to collect shopping carts from the parking lots that are failing to do their job because they don't give a ***. But oh well, you must be one of those lazy customers.

to Crista Greensboro, North Carolina, United States #752943

AMEN!!! :grin

They get paid less than $8 an hour. You think they care if the job gets done?

This isn't news to me. Walmart has always had a bad shopping cart return area layout.

At H.E.B. I have no problem finding one and always I am happy not to leave it by my car, but at walmart i have to sometimes goes two or three rows over to find one.

It is very frustrating and I end up just leaving it in the next parking space. Yes, some customers are lazy, but in general it's because of the bad shopping cart return places in the parking lot.