I dropped off a prescription on 8/21/14 that had one refill left, which expired on 8/28/14. I went to the pharmacy and the drive thru several times to pickup.

There was always a long line in both places. I sat in the drive thru for 30 minutes one day and never got to speak to a customer rep. I went into the store to pick up the prescription on 9/8/14. They informed me they had placed the medicine back on the shelf, because I did not pick up in a timely manner.

They said they would refill. I came to pick up the medicine the next day. It was the wrong prescription. Then they preceded to tell me they could not refill the correct prescription because it had expired.

I explained to the pharmacist the prescription had not expired when I dropped it off and asked where it was posted the customer had to pick up the prescription in so many days. She told me it was not posted but it was the law. How am I supposed to know what the "pharmacy law" is?

This happened at the Walmart in Muskogee, OK. I am now changing to Walgreen's Pharmacy.

Review about: Walmart Prescription Refill.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Comments

When I worked in a pharmacy we only kept un picked up prescriptions for 15 days before putting them back on the shelves.When you went to pick up your prescription it was expired.By law they cannot sell you a prescription that is expired.You need to contact your doctor for that or you can have your pharmacy fax your doctor but your doctor may say no or not even get back to us.This one is your bad.

wow you had a whole week plus 3 days to pick up you script. be an adult. most places have a week police...walgreens/cvs...

Good luck with that. Word from my grandmother is that Walgreens isn't much better.

They also gave her the wrong prescription. It's THE law.

There's probably a reason that they have an expiration date, right?