Chicago, Illinois
20.1K views 144 comments

I have a sprained ankle and am in an Aircast. I needed a prescription filled to take down the swelling in my foot. I called Wal-Mart to see what time their pharmacy closed to which I was told 9pm.

I hobbled into Wal-Mart and found the pharmacy. It was 8:30pm on the dot. Upon approaching the window I made eye contact with the man behind the counter. I then stood there for about 5 minutes. Finally, the man said to me, "Hello, ma'am. We won't be able to fill your prescription. We close at 9pm." I asked him if he could please at least look at the prescription as it's a pretty common one. He said, "No, there's no way to fill it."

My question is this -- Why would you say you close at 9pm when apparently you close at 8:30pm? Why wouldn't the person who answered the phone when I called let me know that they wouldn't fill my prescription thereby saving me the painful walk in?

I'm sorry but this is going to be the last time I even think about going to Wal-Mart pharmacy. Poor customer service is inexcusable.

Review about: Pharmacy.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Walmart?

Submit review

Comments

Starkville, Mississippi, United States #1229999

Was the prescription actually brought in to them before that time?They have to contact the doctor's office in order to actually fill it, and most doctors won't even be in their offices that late in the day.

Even at mid-day, it's unlikely that you can get a new scrip filled in less than half an hour.You could have submitted it then, and it would have been ready the next morning; their system will even send you a text or give you a call to let you know when to come in.

to Anonymous Calera, Alabama, United States #1236438

Or they could just do their job and give the person his pills. GD! How hard is it?????????????

FootLady

Racism!

You don't seem bright, they don't close at 8:30 they close a 9 as they say, but they just do not accept prescriptions at the last minute. Next time go early and think logically like an adult

to Anonymous #1163013

There's no reason they can't fill one last prescription if they cared about people.

Not_the_0P
to Anonymous Benicia, California, United States #1163109

It takes time to fill out prescriptions, besides legally they would not be allowed to give the prescription to her anyways since she is under 18. She needs to learn the difference between bad customer service and not giving in to temper tantrums when the person is wrong.

Targetpharmacy
to Not_the_0P #1209904

How much time? Sweeping pills from the table top into bottles cant take long.

to Anonymous Calera, Alabama, United States #1234896

exactly!!!!!

Do you expect any other business to take in more than they can do?????Do you take your car in 1/2 hr before closing and expect it done before closing?

Do you walk into your Drs and expect them to see you with no appointment, 1/2 hr before closing. He wasn't closed, he was catching up from the busy day and knew how much he had left.

Plan ahead.Don't expect the world to rotate around you

donkydic
to Anonymous #1175885

They better or they will lose my bidnesses.