Middletown, Kentucky
3.0

I usually take my car to have the oil changed at Walmart due to the convenience. However, I am extremely upset by the fact that the employee at the desk was not the least bit diligent in dealing with customers.

Normally I drop it off and do some grocery shopping mid afternoon and it's usually done in a timely manner. This particular time, It was at approximately 5:40 when it was dropped off and the employee stated it would be at least an hour and a half for it to be completed. Frustrated, I told him we would find things to do...he said they would call me when it was finished. My daughter and I ended up walking about a half mile to another shopping center and then returned to the back of the store at about 7:10...I was furious to see that they were closed.

I received no call. I was not informed they closed at 7pm...This is a 24 hour Walmart...I would think it would have at least been open a little later. But, given the fact that I normally come earlier...it did not cross my mind it would close shortly after the expected timeframe for the car to be done. The doors were locked, so we had to go all the way back around to go inside and to the back of the store again.

Hoping that it was just the mechanics that left for the day...was even more mad to find that no one was available. After trying to call customer service from their phone...a different employee asked to help and stated that my keys would be at the front of the store in customer service. We walked all the way back up to the front of the store...waited in line and the first person had no idea what I was talking about! She called a manager which finally let me pay and gave me keys...I was still pretty irate and she offered no apologies whatsoever.

I explained that there was no excuse to not have contacted me at all...my number is in the system and if the car was ready and they were about to close...they should have called and at least let me know that they would be closing and explain that I would need to go to customer service to settle out so I could get my keys...not just leave with no explanation and have me walking back and forth all over.

To me it was very poor customer service. Since I haven't really had any issues with the actual mechanics...I'm still debating if I will ever bring my cars back for any services :-(

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service at Walmart. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $8667 and wants Walmart to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was male customer service employees at the auto care center. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

Also, this reviewer considered the following company: Target. We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Walmart and walmart oil change for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments