Verified Reviewer

Resolved
3.7
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Feb 20, 2021

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with full refund.

Update by user Feb 20, 2021

Walmart agreed to refund my money and I purchased the phone directly from the Straight Talk Website.

Original review posted by user Jan 21, 2021

Angry

I purchased a Samsung A-51 phone as a Christmas gift. I did it online through Walmart.com. When they shipped it they neglected to scan the phone, therefore I could not activate it. I thought Straight Talk could remedy the situation, but after about a week of messing with them, they told me that I needed to remedy the situation through WalMart.com.

A simple solution would to have taken the phone to a WalMart and have them scan it. No. They said I would have to return the phone and then repurchase it before they could scan it. Of course, since I bought it through WalMart.com I couldn't return it to the store. I had to send it back to WalMart.com. FedEx picked it up on January 7. It is now January 21 and I still don't have the phone they said they were going to send. Their chat-bot tells me that the order is being prepared - 2 days ago. It is still being 'prepared'.

If I ever get the phone I hope to *** they have scanned it so I can activate it. If not, who knows what I'll do.

User's recommendation: If you are thinking about buying a phone from WalMart, I recomend that you do it in person at a brick and mortor store.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Cell Phone Replacement.

Preferred solution: Send the phone or refund my money. .

Walmart Pros: Great prices great customer service most of the time.

Walmart Cons: Way we were treated.

Comments