104 views
Verified Reviewer

3.2

Just returned from purchasing a Roku Streaming Stick from my local Walmart in Wimamau FL. Checked online before going and item was $39 and I could either have it shipped for free or pick it up in the store if I ordered online.

We were going there anyway so I decided just to get one while we were at the store. Very nice store associate who opened the locked case and the exact same item was $49. Showed her the price difference on my phone and was told the store could not match the walmart.com price. That made no sense, so she found a manager who confirmed the policy to her.

It wasn't worth $10 for me to go back home, order online and go back to the store again. When I got home I called 1-800-WALMART and was told by the agent that a store manager can make the adjustment. What? Nothing she could do as a customer service agent, I would have to go back to the store.

Nope.

I usually order most of my stuff through Amazon but decided to just buy locally this time. Learned my lesson and learned a valuable lesson regarding my future with Walmart as a customer.

User's recommendation: Know before you go...

Product or Service Mentioned: Roku Streaming Stick.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Location: 4928 State Road 674, Wimauma, FL 33598

Comments

Kohls does the same thing. It is beyond stupid that you can order an item online for store pick up that they have to pay someone to pull for less than you can go to the store and pick yourself and save them the payroll dollars.

Walmart Reviews