Victoria, Minnesota

On 4/17 I purchased a minn kota 50# thrust trolling motor. When I got home I found a 34# trolling motor without a tiller making it unusable. So wrong product in the box and a defective one at that.

The Eden Prairie MN Walmart treated me like a thief, someone who purchased a motor and returned a smaller version. Now I am out $216. When I went back to the store all I wanted was what I purchased in the first place.

I don't know if it company policy to switch items, poor quality control or dishonest employees but always open the box at Walmart before you buy anything or you don't know what you will get and it is your problem, not theirs.

Comments

:x I open boxes IN THE STORE - I don't care if Wal-Mart likes it or not! I won't be the sucker purchasing a product that was used or WORSE :eek ...NOT the product at all!

Yeah, that's right, cause then it becomes MY problem and I am no sucker. If Wal-Mart doesn't like it (Opening boxes to verify the product.) then maybe they should do THEIR JOB and VALIDATE upon returns, that the item being returned is ACTUALLY THAT PRODUCT....Can’t be ripping your customers of Walmart.

Target's customer service is excellent - Avoid ALL headaches:( and shop TARGET! :zzz

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #134505

Thanks for your support, I mean just because I switched a more expensive item and placed it in a cheaper box does not mean I did it again. This item was too hard to switch from box to box and I am innocent this time.

Their automatic response is once a criminal always a criminal.

I only did this when I was making minimum wage, not I can afford the more espensive items and don't do this. I am also filing for discrimination with BBB.

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #134252

had simular problem at Kmart, I guess these big chains get rich that way.

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #134247

Since it is $216 should it not go to large claims?

Working in retail for almost a decade has shown me how much some customers will go through to save a buck. I have no doubt the switch was done by another Wal-Mart customer and not Wal-Mart.

The same thing happened to me. I bought a ceramic space heater, got it home, opened the box and found a cheap P.O.S not even ceramic or same brand heater in the box. To top it off it didn't even work. When my wife took it back she had to raise *** just to get a gift card for the amount.

That's why I usually open and inspect everything that comes in a box before I buy it. Being Mexican American, this practice has made me popular with store security, but look what happened the one time I didn't inspect the contents of the heater box.

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #134244

oh

to Louis and Irish who commented on my complaint. I did go back to Walmart, that was a waste of time.

A customer could not have switched this item it is to big and the box was stapled like it came from the factory. Complaints going to Walmart, BBB any website I can find and I think small claims.

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #134232

Just tell them what happened bring your receipt with you and they will fix your problem. It is not the employees it is the customers. One woman was asking her child to switch items from box to box, asking her child to switch price tags and got angry at the child when they got caught saying she would leave the child in the parking lot and that she hopes a man picks her up and rapes her to teach her a lesson.

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #134227

It is not Wal-mart that is switching the boxes it is customers who switch the boxes so they get a more expensive quality item for a cheaper one waiting for the next person to get the cheaper item for more.