3040 Battlefield Pkwy, Fort Oglethorpe, GA 30742

May 18, 2019 Approx. 11:00pm

Ft.

Oglethorpe GA SuperCenter

I went to the store to pick up my son and his friend. They told me security followed them EVERYWHERE they went. They were not acting strange or causing any issues. They did not steal or attempt to steal anything.

Following them is one thing, staring them down (kids by the way, 14 and 15 years old) even in the checkout lane and even following them to the door is another.

I will NEVER shop there again! PLEASE let me see this punk on the street!

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Security Guard.

Reason of review: Harassment and profiling.

Preferred solution: Fire that redheading smart *** No... arrange a private meeting with me personally so we can "talk" about it!!!!.

Comments

Maybe they were being followed because of the backpacks that they were wearing.

aconsumer33360

What is your son and his friend doing out at a store alone at 11pm? You have zero insight, are you also a parasite on the taxpayer.

I bet you are collecting welfare, SNAP, Section 8 and WIC.

Where is the kids father? I bet you live in the projects on Fort Town Dr.

0rnateGiraffe278

Those who are giving this a thumbs down are racist redneck crackers. By giving this a thumbs down you admit to racism and profiling. You may want to change your view.

@0rnateGiraffe278

Where did race ever come up in this post?

@Anonymous

If you read her updates you will see that the OP is accusing them of racism. Her son and his friend were using profanity and chasing each other.

They ate a chocolate bar without paying for it. That is why they were followed around.

Nothing to do with race. But she is making it into a race issue.

Why are your 14 and 15 year old kids wandering around Walmart at 11:00 at night? That alone would draw attention to loss prevention at any store. I expect that their actions may not have been as innocent as you claim since they had no parental supervision.

@Anonymous

For your info, they were with my son's friend's mother. I offered to pick my son up so she would not have to drive all the way to my home with groceries.

I understand from my original comments why you might think that however. But that was obviously not the case. Whether they were acting suspicious or not is no excuse to try to intimidate someone inside your establishment.

Especially after I showed up and we were in the line waiting to pay and he still stood there staring them down even though they had done nothing and had nothing on them. So yes, I am still pissed.

@Anonymous

If the friend's mother was with them she should have been supervising them better. They should not be running around the store using profanity.

They are 14 and 15 not 4 and 5. Also if they eat the chocolate off the shelf they DO have to pay for it and it is stealing no matter what color their skin is.

@Anonymous

You can't seem to get your story straight. Your first sentence of your original post says you went to the store to pick up your son and his friend.

Now it is just your son. I've worked in a number of retail stores and a common thread in training is to keep an eye on suspicious individuals. It deters them from shoplifting. Like it or not your son and his friend caught their attention.

The store has every right to keep an eye on them.

You didn't say they were stopped or accused of anything so it looks like the observation kept them honest. I expect most store would just as soon have someone with your attitude shop on-line and stay away from their store to prevent shoplifting.

@Anonymous

And people are able to tell when customers are lying and fabricating details. You're proof of that!

@Anonymous

And people be looking at you funny........JUST BECAUSE you're hitch-hiking!

@Anonymous

No, speaking the truth. People are allows able to tell when others are lying and fabricating.

You're living proof of that! I am going to guess you're the customer from the review!

@Anonymous

You may want to remove the thumbs down and make it a thumbs up unless you agree with this type of intimidation.

0rnateGiraffe278
@Anonymous

Okay I am on my account now. I just found out that the reason they were following my son and his friend around was because they were chasing each other in the store and using profanity.

I see no problem with this as it was 11pm as you state and all the kids are in bed. Also my son and his friend never left the store. They still made them pay for the chocolate bars that they ate while in the store. They had left it on the shelf.

They said that if the boys did not pay for the chocolate bars that it was thief. This is a lie since to commit theft they have to conceal the item and it has to leave the store. It did not leave the store, they left the wrappers on the shelf.

While it is wrong this is not theft. They are just making excuses because white boy here is racist and acting like my son and his friends are thieves because they are black teens.

@0rnateGiraffe278

You are not the original poster since that person is me! That whole lie about chocolate bars is a fake comment

@Anonymous

Actually you are not the original poster. You are the one that is a troll.

You are just an anonymous person. The person who posted about the kids making noise and stealing the chocolate bar is the original poster.

They logged into the account. You are just anonymous.

@0rnateGiraffe278

If they ate the candy without lying then that is actually theft you idiot. I’m a criminal justice major and should know

@Anonymous

I would think that a criminal justice major would know the difference between "paying" and "lying" I guess you are the true idiot.

@DoubtfulMongrel463

I'm Doubtful that the puppy that I want to buy is "Full Blooded", as it is advertised. It appears to be a Mongrel to me.

@Anonymous

And people are able to tell from right and wrong. Clearly only an idiot thinks that this is okay!