I purchase groceries maybe twice every month for a household of four. When the check out lady was scanning one of the priced down meats walmart was offering, she struggled in entering a barcode. Then turned and asked me if my purchase was on an access card. At the time I did not know what an access card was and said I'm sorry? And she replied, "Can I see your blue card, CAN I HAVE YOUR FOOD STAMP CARD!" I looked at her with disbelief, and in shock at the question she was asking me. I asked her why she thought I was paying for my groceries with a food stamp card? She replied that she couldn't scan the meat, which made NO sense to me whatsoever.

I asked her if the color of my skin or the amount of groceries I was purchasing was the reason she was asking me such a question. She replied that this was a question she asked everyone. However in the last 7 years that I have shopped at walmart, and purchased the same yellow marked down meats, I have never, ever been asked such a question. Neither have I ever felt so degraded and humiliated in front of other people. I asked her if she could please get someone else to check me out and she replied I didn't want to help you anyway, your being so HATEFUL! I responded, "Your being very RACIAL." I then proceeded to look for a manager to assist in the rest of my check out. I might have to purchase my groceries with a credit card at times and pay back the funds in payments. However I take pride providing for my family and working hard to earn the money to purchase my groceries. I felt as if the color of my skin was a disability that day and she made me feel very degraded. I will never forget this incident or shop at walmart EVER AGAIN!

Other than feeling degraded, and humiliated, no real damage was done. I was happy my children were not there to see her humiliate me in this way and have them think of there nationality as a handicap instead of one of God's many gifts

Review about: Walmart Manager.

Comments

oh give me a fuking break. I work with a bunch of ugly fake haired racist BLACK WH*RES who treat me like sh*t.

if someone asked me where's my card..thats NOT a big deal. black women are the most RACIST C*NTS to exist on this planet FAR worse than white people of today...so a fat white b*tch asked u that grow up....YOUR PEOPLE do more abuse and prejudice than WHITE people out there these days....

I'm white and it's Funny how most of the people that posted comments are racist! No ONE, and I mean NO ONE, should ever ASSUME that someone is on assistance.

It's just that most ignorant white people with no education normally do it to black people.

But you know how the saying goes, never ASSume because it makes and *** out of YOU. :grin

It is NOT against the law to dislike other races..just cant refuse service. Black women are really not very attractive.

Thick, rough skin, huge noses, gigantic lips and big ***. Yuck.

IHateStupidCustomers

why do people of other races or colors automatically assume that everything is racist? when the original poster checks out at Walmart next time, they'll probably yell racist if the cashier asks them how they'll be paying today.

Moral of this story is don't say anything negative to a person that is not the same colour as you or you will be falsely accused of racism.

So did you hand her your food stamp card or not?

Color blind racist

If a cashier asks EVERYONE for their Access Card, it is not racist. If a cashier asks only blacks or hispanics, it definitely is.

I was a statistician for the Pa Department of Public Welfare, and I can tell you that the majority of people on public assistance, nationwide, are WHITE PEOPLE under age 16. That is a fact. By the way, I am both black and college educated. I paid for it myself.

My daughter is also in college and I am billed for that too. Also, in the past white people did a lot more than hurt our feelings.

Women were regularly raped and killed, men were beaten to death and lynched. That's for you, (ughursrvcsux), who thinks that blacks are merely whining about "feelings being hurt."

Kevin, you're right. That's definitely racism.

SO IF SOMEONE ASK IF YOU ARE PAYING WITH A FOOD STAMP CARD THEN THEY ARE RACIST.I DON;T UNDERSTAND THAT LOGIC IT SEEMS TO ME THAT YOU THINK MORE BLACKS ARE ON WELFARE AND THAT SHE KNEW THIS TOO, THATS WHY SHE WAS ASKING...WHY DIDN'T YOU ACT LIKE A CIVILIZED HUMAN AND JUST SAY NO I WILL BE PAYING WITH CHECK,CC,CASH WHATEVER..NO IT HAS TO BE CAUSE YOUR BLACK..NOBODY GIVES A *** LADY

ughursrvcsux

Seriously, when are people going to stop trying to play the race card?! FYI: look it up, blacks are no longer the minority in America.

Just because you want to live in the past doesn't mean the rest of us have to. I do not believe that WE (any white person today) should have to pay for mistakes made by our ancestors because they hurt YOUR (any racist black person) feelings with something that was done long before your great-grandparents were even a dirty thought in your great-great-grandparents heads. I mean, really, you guys get a freaking month. What the heck do we get?

Lower wages than we deserve in order to keep us even with you, even if we are college educated and you're not. Oh, the privilege of paying for college ourselves when all you have to do is be born to get it free. We get called racist if we ask for a food stamp card, but you guys can cause us all kinds of drama and trouble just because you had a bad day and THAT'S not racism? You guys think we owe you something for some reason and you're mistaken.

I'm a firm believer in like-for-like. Everyone, regardless of color of skin, gets one chance in my book. You mess it up (ex: get pissed off when I ask an innocent question) and prove your "true colors" so to speak, and that's on you. Don't play the racist card.

It's been played out. Seriously, people, MOVE ON.

so what color are we talking aoubt anyway?

Stop using the race card! I'm a cashier in a "lower income african-american community".

I am one of 2 european-americans employed there..so yes..I've seen the race card pulled on me a few times. When I ask people if they are paying with their food stamp card..it is usually because there is an issue with my system at that time, even though the majority of my customers DO pay with a food stamp card.

No one is picking on you. You have shown us who you are and we are giving you advice based on your presentation.

Jessy, you aren't a dummy; you are just ignorant. You are more ignorant than a person who isn't even from this country because you can't even express yourself in your own language.

Quit wasting your time and drop out of school and get a service industry job. You should do well.

Really guys? You two feel like big boys when you gang up on one person? Grow a set of balls and post comments that are relivent to the posted complaint.

Jessy - you need to drop out of school. You are so ignorant.

It is hard to believe you are wasting your time and your teachers' time. You have a long future waiting for you at Wal-Mart!

cohena2

Everything is racist to "YOU" people no matter how kind of a gesture it is. Quit playing the race card.

Jessy - it's bullies, not bull-yes.

Jessee, Jessie, Jessy, Jessing, Jesstopher, Jesslooking, Jessab****