I HAVE EXPERIENCED RACISM IN YOUR STORE BY TWO EMPLOYEES.

I WANTED A CARRY OUT. YOUR "GREETER" PAGED FOR AN EMPLOYEE TO CARRY MY STUFF OUT. I ALSO ASKED THE "GREETER TO HAND ME A PARE OF SCISSORS." SHE WENT TO RETURNS TO GET ME ONE AND SAID THEY DID NOT HAVE ANY. I BET THEY HAD SCISSORS AND DID NOT GIVE ME ANY BECAUSE I AM A BLACK WOMAN AND WOULD STEAL THEM.

I ALSO HAD TO WAIT FIVE MINUTES FOR SOMEONE TO HELP ME. SO JUST BECAUSE OF MY SKIN COLOR I COULD NOT GET THE SCISSORS AND HAD TO WAIT FIVE MINUTES FOR SERVICE. THE MAN TOLD ME THAT I HAD TO BRING THE CAR UP FRONT.(PROBABLY BECAUSE I AM BLACK) I TOLD HIM NO WAY I HAVE WAITED LONG ENOUGH AND WANT HIM TO BRING MY PURCHASE TO MY CAR. SHAME ON YOU IT IS 2008 AND YOU STILL ARE RASIST.

Comments

Oh, cut the ***! Hate when people pull the racism card!

Up here in Canada, we get it all the time from those with Indian status...heaven help us if we have to turn down them using their tax exempt card because the card has expired...first thing out of their mouths is always "but I'm still native"...has nothing to do with the fact the tax exempt card is what has expired....has an expiry date just like a passport, a driver's licence, health card, etc.

Grow up and quit playing the racist card! Get over it if you need the scissors so badly wait until you got home!

Ted is right on......! He sure knows what he is talking about.

Ted is cool.

Good job Ted. Walmart stinks, Target rules

Do cry :cry . Everyone seems to throw the race card out there.

And 5 minutes would'nt be nothing if you were waiting for free products or to get your hair done.

Walmart is a quick store usually because it isnt quality, just like fast food. Seriously waiting for food or to get service is something of quality.

Get a life :(

you're obviously making all this stuff up just to make everyone upset and start a huge arguement. get a life.

Okay crying racism is getting ridculous. I can say that I have to wait because i am a woman.

this is not the 1960's wait like everybody else. 5 minutes is not a lot of time. it is true that walmart is being sued for every little thing so they are just being cautious. people would be in a hurry and slip and fall on them.

ouch! I understand your great great grandfather might have been a slave I sorry but you are not a slave. so get over it.

it is now equal rights. do not keep racism alive.

Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India #51883

Why couldn't you wait five minutes like everyone else does? You cry racism as if you want to be treated like everyone else is and here you are crying because you are being treated like everyone else is.

I am a greeter/cashier at a Walmart and I have never paged anyone saying "There's a carry out but take all the time in the world to give this customer any service because this customer is black." I've also never refused to give anyone service (or in your case scissors) just because their skin is of color. We have so many policies to follow and sometimes we have other customers that also need service.

So, if you're against racism and harsh judgment then stop judging other people. SHAME on you, it is 2009 and you're still crying racism while acting like a child.

billing
Lido Beach, New York, United States #31661

see, if a black person screwed with the company, its fine, but dont ever let a white person do it!!!

billing
Lido Beach, New York, United States #31660

hey guys, blacks think that were going to be their slaves, heck no!!!!

Wow, The world really is full of *** people. So sorry you had to wait 5 minutes for help at walmart.

I applied for a grant from the United Negro colledge fund but was refused because I'm white! Hmmmmm.........

That seems racist to me as does the black entertainment television channel, not to mention the black miss USA pageant.... I think I see a trend

Antlers, Oklahoma, United States #23175

:roll Walmart will not loan scissors out to a customer because of frivilous(pardon my spelling) lawsuits from the idiots who trip and fall on them. Concerning your item being loaded, it can take 5 minutes for someone to get from one side of the store to the other without being stopped with other questions.

After dark many stores worry about the safety and security of employees and do not want them unable to protect themselves.

What would happen if the loader was putting a tv in your car and someone came behind him with a gun, knowing his hands were full? Do you really want to be in that situation?

Eaton, Tennessee, United States #22910

I have no sympathy for you. You're nothing but a spoiled, obnoxious brat.

People like you keep racism alive because you enjoy the attention it brings.

And by the way, don't tell all of us to "mind our own business" after posting a ridiculous review. You didn't get your way, you WON'T get your way, so get the *** over it.

Nuuk, Vestgronland, Greenland #22139

xomanowar11, I think that last line where she was accusing the greeter of racism was a simple typo after all she spelled it right the other times, however it really annoys me that people cry racism just because things don't go their way. I read a complaint a while back where a lady accused Burger King of being racist just because one of her chicken fingers was bent.

It's like she thinks that they purposely gave her the bent chicken finger because she is Hispanic.

Then she made another letter claiming another restaurant was racist because the waitress refused to look after her children while she used the washroom. I don't know what is worse, her claiming the waitress was racist, or her leaving her children alone with a stranger while she went to the powder room and Seriously??, I too work at Wal-mart and I have never heard anyone say "there is a carry out, take your time because the person is black." There was one time when associates accidently let out the "sh" or "f" word because they thought that the intercom was not turned of but no take your time posts.

Cando, North Dakota, United States #22010

1. If you're not smart enough to spell "pair" of scissors correctly, I'd be hesitant to hand them to you too.

2. Shouldn't you learn to at least spell "Racist" correctly if you're going to call someone racist?

Vansant, Virginia, United States #21959

I worked at Wal-Mart for more years than I ever care to remember and worked in several different states (including Arkansas) and never saw even a hint of racism, nor did any of my many minority friends. I started out as a "stock man" (those responsible for carry outs and pushing carts) and let me tell you I have never heard a call over my radio saying "we need a carry out, but take your time it's a black person" that is absolutely rediculous.

We are responsible for many many things in the store and when we are out pushing carts in the huge parking lots of a super center it can take up to 10 minutes to get to a carry out. Another option is maybe, just maybe (and I am being sarcastic), but maybe they were helping another customer?? Did you ever think of that possibility and to make false assumptions about why they wouldn't give you a pair of scissors is irresponsible. Besides which the stockman should have a knife with him to cut your string.

Also for him to ask you to pull up your car is not an uncommon thing. Depending on the car and the item it is often easier to load things where there is more space as oppose to a crammed parking lot. I am not by any means saying that Wal-Mart is a perfect place and nothing bad ever happens, but for the love of everything that is good and holy please think beyond yourself for a minute before crying foul.

Racism is a serious thing and people like you who percieve every little thing to be racism do more harm than good. God Bless

Cottam, Ontario, Canada #21876

I'm feed up with all these prople yelling racist all the *** time. Those doing this are the ones keeping racism alive.

This *** about how the whites owe you because your great, great, grandfather was a slave. Bull ***, I hate to say it but most of you don't know who your father was let alone your great, great, grandfather. Sorry, but the truth hurts.

What is all this politicaly correct *** about African-American. Those who claim to be African-American, are you a citzen of both Africa and America.

If not you are either an African or an American of African heritage.

As for the major group that I have had to deal with that are of black heritage, you are nothing more that hatefull and spitefull people who are using every excuse in the world to get something for nothing. Give it up already.

Deborah111
Goldsboro, North Carolina, United States #21634

TO ALL YOU ***'S SAYING THAT THIS IS NOT RACISM, MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS. YOU WERE NOT THERE AND DON'T KNOW WHAT WENT ON.

IT IS PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT ALLOW RACISM TO CONTINUE BECAUSE YOU ACT LIKE IT DOES NOT EXICT. SHAME ON YOU.

Tangier, Tanger-Tetouan, Morocco #20804

I'd like to thank everyone who had the same opinion of this *** (and unfortunately the ones like her) who live among us and thrive on hate. It is because of people who cry "racism" at the drop of a hat that we have our children growing up STILL trying to make up for their ancestors and being labeled racist just because they don't bend over backwards or look at someone funny.

GET OVER IT LADY! If you act like an fool, people will treat you like one.

Hastings, New York, United States #20619

Those who cry racism, are a racist themselves.