Clarksville, Indiana
2.6K views 26 comments

ATTN: Walmart

on June 7, 2013 I purchased a Ready Pac Bistro Chicken Caesar Salad from Wal-Mart in Clarksville, IN (zip code- 47129) and on June 8, 2013 I decided to take my salad with me to work for lunch. Around 1:00pm I proceeded to eat my salad, two minutes into eating it I felt something crunchy in my mouth to my knowledge I thought it was maybe just a salad leaf or something, but the flavor was disgusting I immediately spitted into the trash and noticed there was a bug in the mix. I immediately went to vomit. That's not the last of it I decided to dig around my salad to check for more and SUPRISE!!!!!! There was a big juicy bug sautéed in my salad with legs and wings still attached. My coworkers took pictures of it amazed and disgusted at the same time. I contacted the Wal-Mart I purchased it from and the manager Tammy acted like it wasn't a big deal and said just bring it back and they will give me another one. I WILL NEVER GET A SALAD FROM WALMART AGAIN. I am truly frustrated and I think that it is absolutely ridiculous that something like this is packaged up in the food we eat. This is beyond unsanitary I don’t even no what type of bug it is I never seen it before something needs to be done about this. I will be contacted the U.S department of agriculture and health department immediately.

Review about: Ready Pac Bistro Chicken Salad.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Walmart Salad
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $3
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Walmart?

Comments

SilverChaos

Yummy

Port Saint Lucie, Florida, United States #1270670

You bought food at Walmart, that is just thinning the herd.

This is gross. Please get rid of this post. I keep seeing it on the ads.

She don't grasp it cause ready pack ain't got enough ma ma ma money. she look'n for free ride. You come out of your house each day, you don't see nonevof us complaining having to breath your ignorant air.

Scoot
Oceanside, California, United States #1165606

You planted it there, no bug is gonna pose so perfectly. All salads are crunchy, sep tator salad. Bug was prolly the freshest part, cause you put it in their.

Omg my toddler and I shared a Cesar salad bistro bowl and we both had constant diarreah. I am never eating those again

THE ONLY COMMENT I HAVE IS MY FAVORITE SALADS THE ITALIAN AND THE ASIAN ARE NO LONGER SOLD AT MY WALMARTS IN UT. VERY DISAPOINTED. I WISH THEY WOULD COME BACK.

I wholeheartedly agree that the Ready Pac salads sold at Walmart and at other stores are horrible.Recently I bought several to have as lunch at work.

I was upset when I opened at three salads BEFORE their expiration date and the lettuce was already bad. I contacted the company and they said they would send me coupons to try them again.

Well, I tried them again: I opened a salad for lunch and gagged at the smell of the spoiled meat and lettuce.Quality control is horrendous with this company.

WalMart is responsible because they are the reseller of these products and as such, are tacitly guaranteeing their safety. The producer of the packaged food is ALSO responsible.

Not that this would extend to a lawsuit, but in such a case, one would sue the retailer, and if there was a settlement, the retailer would then sue the producer of the packaged foods to regain their loss.

Our food laws are so weak in this country that nothing will be done in any case, even if there was harm.

Klamath Falls, Oregon, United States #967591

Not very bright, are you?WalMart is just a reseller.

They do not package the product.If you want to blame somebody, blame the company whose name is on the product.