2.4
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I ordered some capri work-out pants on Walmart.com at the end of Dec using a Vanilla Visa gift card I received for Christmas. I ordered them ship to store thinking this would be much more convenient and easy.

WRONG!!!! One of them came to the store, the other sat with a blank shipping status for 4 weeks. I called customer service and they said they would refund my card, as thus item was obviously lost. I explained to the girl that it was a Visa gift card, and I no longer have it, as when the money was gone, I threw it away.

She said it wasn't a problem, that AFTER my refund was processed I could go purchase a Walmart gift card for $1.00 and they could then apply my refund there. WRONG AGAIN!!! I called again today and was told by a supposed supervisor that since the money was already refunded to the Visa gift card that I no longer have, their responsibility in this process was over. She told me I would have to call Vanilla Visa and take it up with THEM.

Mind you, I told her what I had originally stated, that I do NOT have the gift card in my possession, so how were they supposed to help me without a card number or anything except the last 4 digits? She gave me their number, and I called, and exactly what I KNEW would happen happened. I was told by Vanilla Visa that without the full card number there was NOTHING they could do!!! I'm extremely angry and frustrated that I am now out $10, and NO PRODUCT either!!!

And everyone just wants to tell me there is NOTHING THEY CAN DO!!!

Why couldn't I just have been sent a damn CHECK when I specifically stated I NO LONGER HAD THE VISA GIFT CARD THAT WAS USED???? This whole process is RIDICULIUS and I think going forward I will just stick with Amazon.com, because THEY know how to treat a paying customer!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Customer Care.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments

The moral to your story is don't throw a prepaid credit card away as soon as you use it's value. If you look at most stores refund policies you will find they will issue a refund in the same manner as you paid for your purchase.

In the case of a credit or debit card, the refund will be back to their card. Your ignorance of their return policies isn 't their fault.