Walmart.com touts that you can order from it on-line and return the item to a local store.is a misrepresentation.

I recently ordered a recliner from Walmart.com. There was no warning that this chair could not be returned locally. However after the chair, which was damaged, dangerous and generally poor quality, arrived I was notified that I would have to return it to another company which was really the seller, and pay shipping charges and a 30% restocking fee. This means I would have to swallow about 40% of the cost.

Walmart should clearly have posted a warning at the time of order that it could not be returned locally and the high costs would be incurred to return it.

After numerous calls Walmart refuses to refund my purchase.I believe this conduct is unworthy of the Walmart name, and consumers should be aware of it.

Review about: Recliner.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I didn't like: Refund return policy.

Had an Experience with Walmart?

Comments

Walmart - Traces of Anchovies in Great Value Chocolate Flavored Syrup! Walmart "...I decided to read the ingredients to see exactly what's in Great Value's chocolate flavored syrup to make it this consistency and it said that it may contain traces of..." Read more The Cranston Walmart has no quality control in their meat section. Walmart "Tonight I was going to buy Nathan's Natural Cased hot dogs. While my son was picking out some items and browsing, I noticed the date on the hot dogs. Today..." Read more WALMART CREDIT CARD BANK Walmart "This store along with several other stores or companies uses "Synchrony Bank" which is the new name for GE Money GE Capital Retail Money Bank GE Capital Retail Bank for..." Read more Walmart - Mold in natural vanilla 1/2 gallon Walmart "we purchased two half gallon natural vanilla ice creams from Walmart on 7/21/17 and upon opening the one container we discovered there was mold on the container lid and in..." Read more Ryan Homes - Residential Street Blockage Ryan Homes "Dan Ryan Builders are absolutely OUTRAGEOUS! So far this week his construction people have blocked our street on Sutherland Drive in Franklinton NC (Olde Liberty SubDivision). Yesterday as I was..." Read more Brent Guild / iGalen Victoria was the victim of a scam, now being harrassed Igalen Victoria "I am Brent Guild, and as you can see I am not afraid to show my name as was this poster. victimofbrentguild is actually the company iCloudUK.com that runs under..." Read more Guardsman - Do not purchase protection plan Guardsman "Two years ago I purchased Guardsman 5 year Protection Plan through Ashley Furniture for my furniture. Just recently my 3 year old son scribbled with a ink pen on the..." Read more Unlimited Life time Access to Actualtests.com Members Area 1800+ Exams Actualtests "In 2002 I bought the Unlimited Life time Access to Actualtests.com Members Area 1800+ Exams for $99.00. It worked fine until a couple of months ago. I emailed support; I..." Read more