Atlanta, Georgia

Terminal# MX307367

ID# [REDACTED]

TC# 9651 4505 2167 3164 2006

Time of billing- 20.20.26 Date: 8/18/15

I am extremely disappointed and humiliated by the cashier's behavior. I gave her my credit card to pay for some home improvement items (no alcohol or adult items). She demanded my ID. I was baffled, because no one has ever asked for my ID when I have used my credit card. Since I am an international student, I showed her my student ID and my international driver's permit issued by the Government of India. She refused to accept them. She wanted my passport or driver's license. Am I expected to carry my passport around to make purchases?! This is ridiculous. I offered two IDs, which I believe shouldn't have been asked for in the first place. I had to scramble around for my debit card to complete the purchase.

I want an apology from the cashier and appropriate action taken against her. This was a very unpleasant experience for me.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Cashier.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Sometimes cashiers are prompted to ask for identification for credit cards and checks. It is random, and it is for the protection of the account holder.

Identity theft is a fast growing crime. It was nothing personal, I'm sure, and definitely not worth getting upset about. For future reference, the types of identification that are acceptable in a retail establishment are: state issued id card, state issued drivers license (not permit), US passport, naturalization card or alien registration card, US military id.

All legal residents should have at least one of these if they are old enough to use a credit card. It is always a good idea to have a valid, legal, US recognized firm of identification on you.

KevinRichards

Why should she apologize for just doing her job? You seem entitled.

Well I have to give you some credit. At least you did not turn this into a race issue.