Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

1.7

I purchased a money order through the financial services counter at my local store for the purpose of paying my electric bill. I had it filled out and ready to drop off by the time my husband got in and informed me that he had paid the bill during his lunch break, with cash.

According to Walmart's Return's policy/Financial Services, found online, money orders are refundable for 180 days with the original receipt.

In the FAQ's, it states that if a money order has been made out to a payee, to write on the back ( in presence of employee) "Not used for purpose intended" and have original receipt.

I printed out the pertinent pages, acknowledging that this may be an issue not routinely handled and not every CSR, would be familiar with the policy.

Returning to the issuing store with the money order, detached stub, original receipt, customer copy receipt, return policy documents and valid ID matching the information written on the money order, and my return was denied by 3 employees. All of whom stated that they couldn't accept it because it had been "altered". I helpfully explained that the definition of altered was to change the original form of something in order to use it for a purpose other than what it was created for. This product contained all of the features that were originally purchased, all security points and information was clearly legible, I just had no use for the item.

I was rudely dismissed so they could "take care of customers". I called the toll free customer service number from the parking lot, and was assured that I had interpreted the policy correctly and a refund should have been issued, I was sent a $5 e gift card for the inconvenience and told there would be information sent to clarify the misunderstanding and I could return to the store to complete my refund.

I waited until the following afternoon, again, my return was denied by 2 employees, one from the day before and another member of mid management. This time, the money order had been "altered " because the order and stub were not attached in one complete piece.Again, I offered the correct definition of altered per the Universal Commerce Code (UCC), which might as well have been extraterrestrial as far as they recognized it.Get

GSo, I spent 15 minutes waiting in que and 25 minutes in Walmart App Chat with Nicholas. He was very patient as I explained the details and insisted I should have been helped immediately on my first return attempt.

I was assured a ticket was being sent to management at the store located in the 40143 zip code.

I was out of town for the weekend, so returned to my dreadful local Walmart after work today. Only to find 2 of the original nay-sayers and a new recruit, at the customer service desk. Before I even pulled out my documentation, now including the 4 page printed chat, I was told "we are not taking that back, we have told and told you that we won't get the money for it because it's been altered."

I tried, valiantly, to remain calm and present the highlighted portions of THEIR POLICY, THEIR Customer Care response, Their CHAT resolution (which they claimed they did not receive a single thing about from corporate, customer care, or any other Walmart employee). When I asked for the store manager, he had already left for the day.

When I inquired when it may be best to contact him, they did not know, they do not pay attention to his schedule.

Their suggestion is to call money gram and they'll send you a form, we aren't going to do anything about it here."

I don't think I should be forced to pay a $23 fee and endure a 35-60 day wait for a quasi-resolution, when I have met Walmart's requirement to have it amended in minutes at no further charge! Especially since I not have the cost of 3 round trips to the store, copy paper and ink isn't cheap, but my time and stress level are valuable as well.

I have to do my job in order to get a paycheck, apparently a CSR at Walmart has the duties of blowing off customer complaints, BLATANTLY lying and gossiping about their co-workers because in the 90 minutes I have spent at that counter in the past week, their was 0% service or satisfaction made available!

I

User's recommendation: Get the Chime App and go to Target...At least you won't be tormented by blue vests who don't know their job .s.

Walmart Pros: Walmart customer service in store, Close by large selection.

Walmart Cons: Give you the run around, Not what you expect from wal mart, Way they handled the situation.

Comments