Walmart - Review about Eclipse Curtains from Newport, Oregon

1756 of 4959 Walmart reviews

I've complained about some ruined blackout Eclipse curtains during washing (which I followed the directions) about 3-4 times now and no one has ever contacted me. Very frustrated customer, who cannot afford another 17 curtain panels at $29.99:) Below are a few pictures, some of them were so ruined and stuck together, I had to throw them away and now there are blankets hanging, very ugly. All I wanted was Walmart's advice on what I should do with these ruined curtains?

Diana Warren

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Eclipse Curtains
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #621563 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Walmart? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
1756 of 4959 Walmart reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

May 19, 2015 #986277

I've tried to mark issue resolved for this Walmart complaint and have not been able to get it to change. The curtains are way too old for anything to happen, I'm done complaining now.

GetReal

Apr 14, 2015 #971834

Looks more like improper care on your part. The curtains have a liner that filters light made of poly, and your aggressive washing and drying of them clearly ruined them.

Apr 16, 2015 #972598 Newport, Oregon, United States

I followed the directions and washed them for 10-15 minutes on cold but I think you're right, that sticky backing was just not meant to be washed.

Apr 14, 2015 #971833 Los Angeles, California, United States

I have had those type of curtains before and not from Walmart. If you are not extremely careful, you will pull holes in the backing. The backing sticks when it is washed. I don't recommend that those curtains be dried but hung up damp after carefully pulling stuck backing apart.
You may be able to get new ones from the manufacturer. It has probably been too long to get your money back from Walmart.

Apr 16, 2015 #972600 Newport, Oregon, United States

Thanks for the support. It has been to long to return but I at least feel better hearing others same stories.

musicman88

Apr 14, 2015 #971688

Are you sure you followed the directions? Those things are probably ruined so bad that Walmart can't do anything about it. It's best to call the manufacturer.

Apr 16, 2015 #972601 Newport, Oregon, United States

I washed them on cold exactly like they said and didn't dry them but after sharing and having support from others, I feel like this is what happens to these type of curtains when you wash them. Take care. Thanks.

1 0 Reply

Jul 16, 2015 #1008128 Corinth, Mississippi, United States

This same thing happened to me. I washed them exactly as stated on the label and upon removal from the washer they were all stuck together and ruined.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Walmart. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Walmart.
Filing a new complaint about
×