Got a PS3 for Christmas. Already have a PS3. Find out the new gift system was purchased at walmart. I took the unopened system in to return for store credit. The customer service rep opened the box (ripping it in the process), and pulled all the contents out to check the serial number on the system to the box. They match of course, and she scans it through. The register screen I can see shows the system with the price and tax stuff for the refund, and the customer service rep stops to ask the manager what to do since I don't have a receipt. Manager says store credit. The rep then does something and has to scan the barcode again on the box. She asks if all the parts are there and I tell her I never opened it. She says I did because the seal is broken. I tell her she opened it, and she ignores me. She scans the box AGAIN, and the register says manager approval required. The manager comes over and shows me a reciept from about three feet away that she printed off the register and says the system is from last year. Refused to allow me to return it because it was open and from last year. She ignored my statement that the rep opened the box and said it didn't matter because they couldn't take the old product.
I have no control over when my Christmas gifts are purchased, and after this I checked and the store still sells the same product in the same box, so there was nothing preventing this product from being returned and put back on the shelf before it was opened by customer service.
Now I have an unused game system in an open, partially ripped box that I do not need or want and no way to exchange it at any walmart location because the representative opened and damaged the box. I also have the humiliation of walking back through the crowded returns area with game box in hand to leave the store, and being treated like I was trying to cheat the store or something by the customer service rep and manager.
There was no reason I should not have been allowed to exchange an unwanted Christmas present at the store that originally sold the product when the store still sells the product and it was unopened when I handed it to walmart's representative, and I cannot understand why a sealed box was opened in the returns process or why the product being made last year prevents it from being returnable this year when the PS3 has not changed packaging or design in the past year.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Product or service
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- " So I was at Walmart on Sunday morning and purchased the XBox One bundle package with Call of Duty. When I got home and opened the box, which was still..."
- "Hello my name is Eric i went into my local walmart and most of the time i get the hot chicken wings from the deli bar well i really was..."
- "Walmart should be out of business as they could are less about customer service!!! Ordered tv 10times. Employees STOLE them from site to store pickup!!!! Promised to have my tvs..."
- "While washing the punch bowl and taking measures not to drop it, the bowl broke off and cut my hand severely. As I examined the bowl later I discovered..."
- "I've been buying this brand for a while and when I put it on just a few min ago, I felt this awful scraping and apparently the deodorant has crystallized..."
- "I have replaced mine 3x now. The 3rd time they sent me the entire unit. The 2 containers before this the black gunk surrounding the wheel..."
- "Choxi ripped me off for over 100.00! I kept asking when my items would be shipped and would receive replies from their 'customer service' dept., saying they were doing everything..."
- "We special ordered a 36" and 32" MasterCraft exterior doors. We have installed many doors and have never had leakage issues until these 2 doors. First large rain they leaked..."
- "I have always had suspicions of Thumbtack creating fake leads to take our money, known that other pros submit them to get competitors pricing and thought it possible some were..."