Got a PS3 for Christmas. Already have a PS3. Find out the new gift system was purchased at walmart. I took the unopened system in to return for store credit. The customer service rep opened the box (ripping it in the process), and pulled all the contents out to check the serial number on the system to the box. They match of course, and she scans it through. The register screen I can see shows the system with the price and tax stuff for the refund, and the customer service rep stops to ask the manager what to do since I don't have a receipt. Manager says store credit. The rep then does something and has to scan the barcode again on the box. She asks if all the parts are there and I tell her I never opened it. She says I did because the seal is broken. I tell her she opened it, and she ignores me. She scans the box AGAIN, and the register says manager approval required. The manager comes over and shows me a reciept from about three feet away that she printed off the register and says the system is from last year. Refused to allow me to return it because it was open and from last year. She ignored my statement that the rep opened the box and said it didn't matter because they couldn't take the old product.
I have no control over when my Christmas gifts are purchased, and after this I checked and the store still sells the same product in the same box, so there was nothing preventing this product from being returned and put back on the shelf before it was opened by customer service.
Now I have an unused game system in an open, partially ripped box that I do not need or want and no way to exchange it at any walmart location because the representative opened and damaged the box. I also have the humiliation of walking back through the crowded returns area with game box in hand to leave the store, and being treated like I was trying to cheat the store or something by the customer service rep and manager.
There was no reason I should not have been allowed to exchange an unwanted Christmas present at the store that originally sold the product when the store still sells the product and it was unopened when I handed it to walmart's representative, and I cannot understand why a sealed box was opened in the returns process or why the product being made last year prevents it from being returnable this year when the PS3 has not changed packaging or design in the past year.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Product or service
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Its too much...i would like to be contacted by someoneASAP!!!! @12 noon im going to a lawyer 616.337.2241 Me my wife and my family are very very upset!!!! ..."
- "I tried to return a car battery and was told I would not be able to get a refund. The battery was bough 2 days prior to the attempted..."
- "Oil change at WAL-MART resulted in engine plug falling out September 30, 2011, locking up my engine. Towed to 2 shops that verified it was a WALMART problem. WALMART would..."
- "Just bought these 2 months ago. Today the sole at the heel came away from the sneaker. They must use some pretty cheap glue to have them fall apart after..."
- "So, like many Americans, I took part in Black Friday. While stocking up on various items, I went to the skinstore.com to get some face lotion (Epionce Renewal Facial Lotion)..."
- "I ordered a "Deluxe" funeral spray, shown. Their website said the Deluxe was what was pictured. I paid $107. I accidentally put "Jr." after my brother's name (my Dad was..."
- "I've been buying this brand for a while and when I put it on just a few min ago, I felt this awful scraping and apparently the deodorant has crystallized..."
- "While washing the punch bowl and taking measures not to drop it, the bowl broke off and cut my hand severely. As I examined the bowl later I discovered..."
- "I have replaced mine 3x now. The 3rd time they sent me the entire unit. The 2 containers before this the black gunk surrounding the wheel..."