Jacksonville, Florida

Walmart claims to not be undersold with competitor coupons and will honor competitor coupons. I brought in my Publix coupons.

What they don't tell you is that you pay Publix price and not Walmart price. If I am going to pay Publix price for a cheaper walmart imitation, I may as well go to Publix and buy the better quality brand for the same cost.

Comments

I really never understood the point of price-matching, but I'm just one guy. If I wanted the cheaper price, I would just go to the place with the cheaper price.

The only time I see it being handy is if the company with the cheaper price was out-of-stock, but most places tend to offer a rain check anyway. Again, I'm just one guy with one perspective, so my opinion is as valid as a grain of salt.

To be honest, I always felt it should be straight forward. Exact product for exact product at specific price.

No coupons, no promotions. Just one specified price versus another specified price for the exact same item.

Unfortunately, there are so many loopholes and vagueness, that there is no point. It'll get to the point where all the products in the store are essentially free.

I have never heard of WalMart honoring competitor's coupons. They honor competitor's ads.

What do you mean they charged you Publix price instead of WalMart's price. Did you think they would take the Publix Price off their lower price? When I take another store's ad into WalMart because something is on sale for a really good price, they charge the price that is listed in the ad. For example, at my WalMart a 12 pack of Pepsi is $3.98 and if another store has it on sale for Four 12 packs for $12.00 and I take the ad in I save $3.82 cents.

To me it is worth it.