3555 Mullan Rd, Missoula, MT 59808, USA
4.2
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Bought a 50.00 gift card (outback) from the Walmart store in Missoula, Mt as a gift for my brother. When he tried to use it at Outback they said there was no money on the card so he paid for his bill out of his pocket.

We called the number on the card and they said the card was never activated. I took the card back to the store were I have been a customer for over twenty seven years and tried to explain what had happened. Might as well been talking to the wall. The person and the Manager that showed up showed no concern or tried to do anything but lip service.

I expected a little more for being a lifetime customer.

I or any of my family will not be back. Maybe with that extra 50.00 they can afford to hire more competent staff.

Review about: Walmart Gift Card Activation.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I liked: I like the store, Like the.

Comments

Common mistake when giving gift cards is that the recipient doesn’t activate it. It happens a lot.

If the card was run and showed nothing on it then it wasn’t activated. Most gift cards have a phone number and website. I bet that was the issue and you’re just complaining because they couldn’t help you with the problem. You have to understand that there is nothing anyone but the customer service of the gift card can do for you.

You will need the receipt if they haven’t activated the gift card yet.

A good practice is to give the reciept from the card purchase with the card. It will save a lot of headaches.

Don't most gift cards have to be activated once purchased? Most direct you to a website to activate it.

#1419094

Did you have a receipt? Certain gift cards can be refunded if there is a problem with activation but we need the receipt to verify that there is no activation code.

Otherwise people could grab gift cards, not pay for them walk out, come back in and say they never activated, then boom they get money for nothing.

If you do have a receipt, call 800-WALMART and they can make them look into it.

If you don't have a receipt, but you are certain that it was that location and you know the day it was purchased they can try to look it up. Just a couple of ideas!

I liked: I like the store, Like the...

What the heck?