Walmart - Road Hazzard warranties

173 of 4959 Walmart reviews

This past weekend I was 165 miles away from home.I went to the grocery store and when I came out I noticed my tire was going flat so I aired it up at there store and thought I could not drive it to a walmart approx.

20 miles away so I drove 1/2 mile to a tire store and when they check it they said it couldn't be patched. Luckily they had a Goodyear wrangler tire and I bought it just to get back home. I threw the defective tire in the trunk and brought it home to the Gladstone Walmart automotive dept. The manager said when is the rim for the tire and I told him it was on the car as I had to buy another one.

He said they couldn't honor it because it wasn't on the rim.

Needles to say I was pissed and left the tire with them.I guess next time I will drive 20 mles on a flat tire so It would be on the rim so they could honor the road hazard.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Store managers who failed to talk to me

Reason of review:
Warranty issue
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Review category
Supermarkets and Malls
review #936951

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Walmart? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
173 of 4959 Walmart reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
h.kitchener

Oct 15 #1227253 Columbia, South Carolina, United States

First of all, you do know that the Goodyear tire you bought at Walmart is made to Walmart's specs and not as good as a Goodyear tire you buy at an actual Goodyear store don't you? Perhaps not. Most people shop for the cheapest price---thus Walmart---not knowing that not only is the price cheap but the tires themselves are cheaply made. Secondly, Walmart and other large outfits have rules which must at all costs be adhered to like a government agency. Best to buy tires, etc. from an actual tire store.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Walmart. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Walmart.
Filing a new complaint about
×