Kansas City, Missouri

This past weekend I was 165 miles away from home.I went to the grocery store and when I came out I noticed my tire was going flat so I aired it up at there store and thought I could not drive it to a walmart approx.

20 miles away so I drove 1/2 mile to a tire store and when they check it they said it couldn't be patched. Luckily they had a Goodyear wrangler tire and I bought it just to get back home. I threw the defective tire in the trunk and brought it home to the Gladstone Walmart automotive dept. The manager said when is the rim for the tire and I told him it was on the car as I had to buy another one.

He said they couldn't honor it because it wasn't on the rim.

Needles to say I was pissed and left the tire with them.I guess next time I will drive 20 mles on a flat tire so It would be on the rim so they could honor the road hazard.

I didn't like: Store managers who failed to talk to me.

2.0
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Goodyear Tires
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Warranty issue / $45
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Walmart?

Comments

h.kitchener

First of all, you do know that the Goodyear tire you bought at Walmart is made to Walmart's specs and not as good as a Goodyear tire you buy at an actual Goodyear store don't you?Perhaps not.

Most people shop for the cheapest price---thus Walmart---not knowing that not only is the price cheap but the tires themselves are cheaply made. Secondly, Walmart and other large outfits have rules which must at all costs be adhered to like a government agency.

Best to buy tires, etc.from an actual tire store.