Boulder City, Nevada

I recently made a trip out to Las Vegas with my two year old son to visit my cousin, whom I have not seen in over three years. On February 2, 2012 I arrived in Las Vegas at 13:15 and needed further supplies for my long stay with my family.

I felt at home knowing I can walk into a Walmart, as I was not familiar with the other big named stores in Las Vegas Smith's, Food 4 Less, Albertson's or Fresh and Easy Neighborhood Market and know I can find the brands and service that I rely on. At around 14:30 I walked into the Walmart store # 2592 and looked for diapers for my son size 6 and saw the jumbo box and thought what a great deal $13.97 for 60 diapers-great! I also saw a good deal on sippy cups from $2.00 so I picked one up. Then I thought how I wanted to pick up a little something for my cousins children and to my convenience this Walmart had NB BRNMS Animal Cookies on an end cap for a $1.00 grabbed three boxes- wow perfect for the kids.

I then looked to cash out at the shortest line because I had my cousin waiting in the parking lot with my two year old and her five year old in her Caravan. I approached operator #00004024 TE # 16 around 14:40/45 and waited with one elderly woman in front of me who had her merchandise packaged in her own bags on the belt to take then out in order for Valerie the cashier to scan the items. No problem, it would only be a matter of minutes before I was reunited with my family. The elderly woman finishes her transaction by paying with her card and had to swipe it two times before it was accepted as processed.

MY turn, I exchanged a few words with Valerie she seemed to be alert at the moment and aware of what I thought were her surroundings, her cash wrap, her office if it where one. Valerie scans my diapers, then animal crackers and then my sippy cup. Total then came out to $19.26. I immediately thought to myself and out loud-"the sippy cups are advertised at $2.00?" At the moment, since I had just arrived and headed straight to Walmart I only carried $18.00 cash and my EBT card.

I thought not to worry I can give Valerie the $18.00 cash and place the cookies on my EBT. The time is around 14:50 to 14:58 I placed the cash of $18.00 on the ledge of the card key pad to free my hands and obtain my wallet for the additional funds to go on my EBT card. When I picked my head back up MY MONEY WAS GONE!!!!! I immediately asked Valerie and the woman waiting behind me where did the money go?

The woman behind me replied faster then Valerie with I did not see you with any money. Valerie, whom I trusted with my service, integrity, merchandise and form of payment replied "Honestly, I didn't see you put down any money and I don't think i took it." I asked for a manager, Regina came, I told her the story and to check the cameras. It was the woman before who had come up the register and had CLEARLY grabbed the money.

NOTHING ELSE WAS DONE. No empathy, no questions or answers- my number was taken down- no calls.

Review about: Walmart Deal.

Comments

We, the tax payers, are being robbed by YOU. Get a job.

Pay for your own food. I'm disabled, and I still have to work.

Vegas is a city built by crooks for crooks. Kinda like washington dc.

But realistically walmart is notorious for having managers coach their employees on how to get food stamps.

They know that even their fulltime store associates cant afford their bills along with food, but they also try to mostly hire part time only so they can keep you hanging on low hours and they split and mix the schedule so its hard to work around them to find other ways to make money. Ikea also loves to do this as well.

The money for food stamps is provided by the department of agriculture in California, not tax payers.

One more thing. There is a thing called a condom use it before you go having children whom you cannot afford.

That is another thing I should mention, who paid for your vacation. Did you use the government's money which you are supposed to pay for your daughter to pay for the vacation.

No wonder you can't feed her. You spend all your money on vacation.

If you really have a two year old to feed why not get a job rather than making up the same story for all the companies in your state. We used to have Kmart in Canada or so I heard but it went out of business probably because of crooks like you. Now we are losing Zellers because of crooks like you.

What kind of a person, already living off the sweat of others, posts the same slanderous comment for three different stores. First you deny it, then you confess to it and state "...

even if they do give me money don't we all want extra money? I have a two year old to feed can you really blame me for posting to all three companies?"

Its individuals like you that make a good case for bringing back the "work houses" from the 19th century...no vegas vacations in those days.

Kirbyville, Texas, United States #436562

Yeah I did post this complaint to Target as well, I forgot which store I was at so I also posted this to Kmart. I never posted this to walgreens though.

Also even if they do give me money don't we all want extra money? I have a two year old to feed can you really blame me for posting to all three companies?

Kirbyville, Texas, United States #436560

But this woman had had the exact same problem at Target. She even posted the exact same reply on the exact same day and posted the exact same response about the camera.

I have lived in Las Vegas for a lifetime. This town is known for car looting at the "Welcome to Las Vegas" parking lot!

People panhandle for money and rob at knifepoint in gas stations, large parking lots and at the city bus stops.

This woman was victimized on camera and the store owed her the courtesy of at least reviewing the surveillance tape and filing a report. It is just very commonplace in all of Las Vegas.

Kirbyville, Texas, United States #435498

Either way if you cannot take care of yourself and support yourself keep your legs crossed. You have no business having children you cannot afford.

Are you also on wic? Why are you going on vacation if you cannot afford to feed yourself. You have no right going on vacation. Who is paying for your vacation.

Not you but taxpayers.

Also vegetables do not cost as much as meat. Quit making excuses and get a job.

to Tasha Overland Park, Kansas, United States #690814

For all we know, her family paid for her trip. The POINT of this very detailed complaint is to spread the word, take on crooked Wal-Mart and MAYBE get a reply from a consumer who may have had a similar experience because then she might have a shot at a class action law suit or some form compensation be it monetary or a public admission/apology.

Also, don't go around telling women you do not know to keep their legs closed. Just because soneone's been granted food stamps doesn't mean they're lazy and jobless.

Have you considered that they may have fallen on hard times and temporarily needed a means of keeping their family's head above water during economic distress? People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones and that woman deserves compensation ESPECIALLY if it's caught on surveillance video.

Kirbyville, Texas, United States #435494

"(it is the site re-posting this event as if it had happened in other places not me)"

BS, you just don't want to get a job.

Kirbyville, Texas, United States #435493

Did this happen at Walmart, Kmart or Target. We are confused by your three reviews to three different companies about the same thing.

What does vegetarianism have to do with your "collage" education, or you starting your own business. Vegetarianism is a choice, and obviously you were not financially set up to start your own business if you then needed to go on EBT to maintain that lifestyle choice. And the last time I checked, cookies are not vegetables.

IHateStupidCustomers

the original poster is beyond weird.

I posted this incident to raise awareness how certain employees at certain retailers have no idea what is going on around them to protect the companies name or the safety of the customers. I am a collage graduate, with exceptional references and I began my own business just so happens to be I was in slight need of support because my family practices vegetarianism and lets face it that can get costly.

I am appalled by the ignorance of consumers on this site- I had hoped to do good then alter the mind of those less educated. This only occurred once, at Walmart, and no I do not gamble- read the article with a clear mind.

By the way Walmart reviewed the video, brought this to the attention of their employees and gave my credit. (it is the site re-posting this event as if it had happened in other places not me)

Kirbyville, Texas, United States #433319

But the difference between you and the person who posted this review is this is all fake. The exact same thing happened to her in Target as well as Kmart and some people are saying even Walgreens.

You are willing to work. How can she be going on vacation to Vegas if she is on EBT. Why is she going on vacation. Not only that buying things for her nieces and nephews when she cannot even support her own child.

Buying things that EBT does not cover and thinks she is entitled to get it for free while we tax payers pay for her. Tax payers are paying for her to use EBT and she goes and spends the money on vacation. Most likely she is on EBT is because she gambles. Most likely she gambled that $18 dollars which was stolen from her at Walmart, Kmart, Target, Walgreens.

Also funny how in all four stores the cashier and manager have the same name. This person is scamming(most likely for more gambling money.)