2.7
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

A couple of days ago I was at the Sanford Maine Walmart store looking for the isle where the household air fresheners were located when I saw a Walmart employee walking straight toward me texting on his phone as he was walking.As he approached me I asked him if he could point me in the direction of the household air fresheners.

The young man immediately glanced up at me and stated "I'm not on the clock," then went back to texting as he walked past me. I was in shock! It would have taken but a moment for this young man to point me in the direction of the household air fresheners. Apparently when Walmart employees are wondering around the store in uniform, but "Off the clock," or busy texting, they are allowed to be rude to Walmart customers.

Had this young man done this to my wife, that young man and I would have had words.I do not know this young man's name, but he is missing an arm, from the elbow down, so it shouldn't be to difficult for Walmart's Management at the Sanford Walmart store to figure out.

Review about: Walmart Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Walmart?

Comments

Try working retail You get a lousy 10 minute break which is barely enough time to buy a pop, let alone drink it. Now you want them to stop and help you find things, using up the little break they have. Try walking in someone elses shoes for a change.

walmart is good

A reason Walmart need new employees

Yeah, technically he can't be rude to a customer because he's no longer an employee due to being off the clock; therefore, he's just being a rude human.Unfortunately, rude humans will always exist as it's a fact of life.

Also, give him words?

Who are you to dictate how people should live their lives?That would make you the rude person at that point as well.

If they are off the clock then legally they can’t help you because then they would be fired for working off the clock so no the employee was not being rude did ***